Final Exam Review Questions
Chapters 7 to 12
1. The recognition of bad debts expense at the point an account is written off as uncollectible
best describes which of the following:
A. Direct write-off method.
B. Percentage of Net Credits Sales method.
Chapter 1: Accounting as a Form of Communication
-Consists of activities necessary to provide members of a society with goods and services.
-An organization operated to earn a profit.
-Organization with a
1. The percentage of kids who rated the cereal at 3 or higher was 76%.
2. Based on the mean crunchiness of both the high and low cereals, the mean rating was
4.27 for the high crunchiness and 4 for the low crunchiness. D
QBA HW 15
1. The mean ROA was 4.59 and number of cases processed was 663.
2. The mean ROA now is 4.53 and the standard deviation is 10.68. The N size now is 641.
3. From the test, we received a p-value of .37 so we cannot conclude an
1. The amount of companies or rows represented in this data set is 33.
2. The mean price of the stocks analyzed was 19.35.
3. The mean and median timeliness ratings among the stocks are 2.833 and 3 respectively.
1. Across all jobs, the mean was 299.87 and the standard deviation was 48.10.
2. It appears that across the three companies, the job time is increasing, so the technology is
affecting the company in a negative way.
QBA HW 19
1. The mean total weekly cost across both plants was $13,146.09.
2. As the number of hours goes up by 1 we have the equation y=6,737.40 + 15.75x, so if x
is 1, y or total cost would be 6,753.15. so the wage rate must be $1
QBA HW #20
1. SFGA should focus on two variables to improve their overall satisfaction. Those variables
are the pay and advancement variables. The overall mean of the pay variable was 2.265
and the overall mean of the advance variab
QBA HW 14
1. The maximum purchase price was 15.20 and the standard deviation was 10.67.
2. We can cannot conclude that the mean purchase price of customers that eat at Koths rest
is different that the hypothesized $7.01. We received
QBA HW 17
1. The percentage of respondents that expect to buy a decorative faucet it 16.05% and the
percent of respondents who expect to buy from a showroom is 15.59%.
2. The faucet types and income levels that will not advertised a
QBA HW 16
1. The percentage of pads lasting more than 100,000 miles in 80.22% and the number of
brake produced by Rybarh was 372 of the 1800.
2. The amount of Rybarh brakes that lasted 100,000 miles is 304 and the amount of Teane
QBA HW #18
1. The differences between the two correlations is that the var1/var3 correlation is a positive
correlation and the var1/var4 is a negative correlation. With that said, the var1/var4 is a
stronger correlation because it i
Chapter 1: Business Now
A business is any activity that provides goods and services in an effort to earn
Non-profit organizations focus on causes not profit.
Profit is the financial reward that comes from starting and running a business; an
Navigating a crisis
A financial and social system. It represents the flow of
resources through society, from production, to distribution,
The study of the choices that people, companies and
Has dramatically impacted business opportunities and risks
Developing a Global Vision
Why Go Global?
How US companies benefit?
Earn additional profits
Leverage a unique product or
Possess exclusive market
Setting the Right Price
Review of NEW Brew Pricing
.why its so critical
Assuming a 6 pack sells for $6 and
has a 9.2% OM
Importance of Pricing
Profit impact of 1% change
Number of Ads Placed
Percent of Total Total Audience (Millions)
QBA HW 6
1. The expected loss for 1000 people attending the conference is -66,075 dollars.
2. The expected profit or loss for all levels of attendance are as follows:
3. The breakeven point in number of registrants is 1,490.26 or ju
QBA HW 3
1. What was Royal Konas most profitable boat tour in 2015, and how much was the profit?
Royal Konas most profitable boat tour during 2015 was the Sunset tour, which made the
business a profit of $235,800.
2. What boat tour m
QBA HW #1
1. The total cost of nuts for each ladder is $1.44 which consists of 32 nuts at $.05 each. Then for
the total cost of bolts, it would equal $17.60, which consists of 32 bolts at $.55 each.
QBA HW #2
1. According to cell E11 in my excel worksheet, is will cost $8,840.00 in development work needed
to include dynamic links to customer databases.
2. For the security function that Joe can purchase, the high cost amount Evel
High hourly wage: ($)
Low hourly wage: ($)
Include company product catalog:
non-dynamic online version
dynamic online version
Include dynamic links to:
Provide enhanced security
Train Pet D
2015 Royal Kona Tour Information
Price per passenger
Fixed Cost (annual)
share of hotel costs
Variable Costs (per trip)
tour guide cost
Number of trips per year
QBA HW #7
1. The marginal profit for a delivery if James is paying regular wages is $24.68 dollars and the
equation to find this is =(B1-(B3*B4)-B3-B5). If James is paying overtime wages, the his marginal
profit would be $17.64 and
1. In terms of mean thickness, all three machines seem to have relatively close outputs. But
in terms of Standard deviation, Press number 2 is significantly lower than press 1 and 2.
2. The press with the largest thickness ran
1. The highest cost per ad belongs to the Time publication at $146,420 per ad and the lowest
audience per ad belongs to the Sports Illustrated publication with 3 million per ad. One
way to find both of these values is to use
QBA HW 4
1. According to the data from the excel table, the state with the highest amount of consumer
goods rental establishments is Tennessee with 877. The state that earned the lowest amount
of revenue in this category is Wisconsin