35. Fringe benefits usually have what effect on business objectives regarding employees?
Help people apply for jobs, accept a job offer, stay in a job, produce high quantity and
high-quality results, come to the job reliably, work safely, cooperate with s
1. What is accomplished by an effective recruiting ad?
2. What are some suggestions for writing job ads?
Use large graphics
Catchy opening of phrase
Make job sound interesting
45. Most personnel management professionals favor appraising performance in terms of what?
Most personnel management professionals favor appraising performance in terms of
observable behaviors. Because they performance appraisal do not provide guidan
How can a written job description assist applicants in self-selection?
Help them know if they are qualified for position
2. What do the letters ADA stand for, and what does it do?
Americas with Disabilities Act.
Prohibits against with disabilities as l
AFES 310 Human Resource Management in Agriculture
Study Questions, Ag HRM by Rosenberg, Chapter 5
1. What is performance management?
Broad concept the encompasses all communication between a manager and an employee
intended to foster a high level of work
Self-Actualization the need to fulfill personal potential, to use abilities to fullest and
most creative extent
This theory works because work their way up the latter by meeting an entire need
before switching to meet another need.
16. What is the central
28. What is a sharing or bonus plan? What is a group output plan?
Sharing - Pays guaranteed time-based rates for production up to a set standard
Group output plan encourage mutual helpfulness, cooperation, voluntary training of
new coworkers, sharing know
9. What three elements of training combined is often best to ensure that employees will be able
to actually apply new information to their jobs?
Training that combines explanatory instructions, practical demonstration, and hands on
experience is often bes
1. What is a test?
Helps distinguish a person who can do the job to one who talks the job
2. What important principle must be remembered in using tests?
That score of assessment should correlate highly with future job performance
3. What is meant by test
1. Workers performance depends on what two personal characteristics?
Ability and motivation
2. On p. 70, there is this statement: Beyond the performance angle, selecting with care
makes legal sense. Explain.
That its illegal to hire for race, se
22. What are six key choices a manager must make in structuring and administering pay?
Briefly describe each.
1. External equality organizational pay relative to other organizations in the
same labor market
2. Internal equity what are the relations betwee