Ahimsa, or the Way of Nonviolence
Mohandas K. Gandhi
This article originally appeared in All Men Are Brothers, UNESCO, 1958.
In these excerpts from Gandhi's writings over many years, the unwavering consistency of his
beliefs comes to the surface. It is
Business Ethics Essay
1. Business Ethics- morals that help a business decide what actions to make
as well as how individuals actions affect a business
2. Ways it has changed
Motivational Theories Essay
1. Definition: The art of creating conditions that allow every one of us, warts
and all, to get his work done at his own peak level of effi
Quality Management Exam 1- Review
27 Questions. All True and False!
Ask for clarification if wording is confusing.
Chapters 1-3: All from the notes
1. Learning model- What is the most significant part of it? Classroom Notes
2. Quality Ma
Exam 3 Review
Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
1. We talked about QFD, what does the acronym stand for? Quality Function Deployment
2. QFD, what is it used for? Might mislead the question QFD is used to define customer needs and
translate them int
Prioir to buying the new equipment, the company used:
number of empolyees
$ 40.00 per hour
With the new equioment:
number of empolyees
Calculate the f
Building a Basic MS Project Plan (Version 2013)
Copyright: October, 2015, Dr. Diane J. Olson, University of Wisconsin-Stout
The MS Project application is built upon an Access database. Tasks are records with individual pieces of
Assignment 2 Project Charter (Sections 1-2) 10 points
This is an individual assignment. This is a draft that will serve as input to the Group Project
Charter assignment. It is important that each team member spend some time thinking about and
Assignment 1 (PM Intro, Leadership) 10 pts.
Individual Assignment (Pinto, Ch.1, Ch.4)
Submit the Discussion Questions below in a Word document to the course Dropbox for
Assignment 1. Be sure to put your name in the filename and at the top of your d
Assignment 8 Execute_Evaluate 10 pts.
Individual Assignment (Pinto, Ch.13), Problems 1-7, 9 = 1 pt. each, Problem 8 = 2 pts.
Submit your answers for the problems below to Quizzes > Assignments > Assign9 Exec_Eval.
1. Suppose your PV for a project was $100
Assignment 4 (MS Project) 30 pts. - Individual Assignment
Submit the MS Project Plan to the Appropriate Dropbox
In general, to start a new plan, be sure to set the following options prior to entering new
File > Options > Schedule > Scheduling Optio
Assignment 3 (MS Project Demo) 10 pts. - Individual Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to learn the basics of MS Project.
1. Be sure you have downloaded MS Project Version 2013. Every Student should have
received an Email from Microsoft Imagine
Assignment 5 (Cost) 10 pts.
Individual Assignment (Pinto, Ch.8), Problems 1-7 = 1 pt. each, Problem 8 = 3 pts.
Submit your answers for the problems below to Quizzes > Assignments > Assign5 Cost.
1. Calculate the fully loaded cost of labor for a project te
For Assignment 4 MS Project, there is an issue with entering Work using Fixed Duration (Units should
be different from 100% in most cases). I did some experimenting with MS Project 2010/2013 and
apparently there is another option that needs to be checked
Assignment 6 Schedule 10 pts.
Submit the answers to the problems below to Quizzes > Assignments > Assign6 Schedule.
1. Determining Critical Path and Activity Slack (2 pts.)
Assume we have a set of activities, their expected durations, and immediate predec
Assignment 7 Resource 10 pts.
Submit your answers to the problems below to Quizzes > Assignments > Assign7 Resource.
UTILIZE the MS Project application and skills learned in previous assignments and exercises
to complete this practice exercise on an indiv
Page 234 #26
Although little information is revealed about the franchise or its customers, the survey results
tell a compelling story. The importance ratings of the product and service attributes are as one
would expect. Reliability is synonymous with saf
There were multiple service failures that were associated with this customers experience. The
issues that took place during this call can be related to employee issues and not having adequate
staff in order to ensure customer satisfaction. The second majo
10. What are some processes that you personally perform? What opportunity can you think of
for improving them?
For us as a student, the most goal and result is to study, and doing homework will be a
Chapter 3 Philosophies and Frameworks
6. List some examples of variation that you observe in your daily life. How might they be reduced?
Variations are everywhere in daily life. In the morning, I was going to eat the egg that
1. Explain the difference between common and special cause of variation.
a. Common causes of variation- a result of the design of the product and production
system and generally account for about 80-95 per
1. Provide examples from you own experiences in which leaders exhibited one or more of the six
key competencies have on the organization?
a. There are six key competencies
i. Navigator- For each team I have
1. Summarize the key workforce -focused practices for performance excellence.
a. Task significance
b. Task identity
c. Skill variety
f. Job enlargement
g. Job enrichment
1. Under which perspective of the balanced scorecard would you classify each of the following
a. On-time delivery to customers- Customer Perspective
b. Time to develop the next generation of products- In
1. Examine the following mission statements. Do you think they have a true purpose or are they
merely cosmetic devices because someone felt that no major organization can be seen without
a. This sta
Chapter 5 Focusing On Customers
1. Comment on the following questions that you might see on customer satisfaction surveys.
Discuss some of the problems with these questions and how they might be improved.
a. The s
1. Provide some examples of processes that are repeatable and measureable and some that are
a. Hiring process is a repeatable and measurement process. Because company need this
process to keep regular processing
FINDING FUTURE PERFECT SENIOR
LEADERS: SPOTTING EXECUTIVE POTENTIAL
A Leadership Pipeline is the critical business process
designed to provide a sustainable supply of quality
leaders at all levels to meet the challenges of
today and tomorrow. But how do y
INMGT 400/600 - Organizational Leadership
INMGT 400 Leadership Competency Model
Set 1: Competencies Required for Effectively Leading Oneself
The ability to effectively organize, direct, and manage ones own activities, time, prioriti
Individual Project Part A: Personal Insights
Individual Project Insight 4 (self-insight 5.2, p. 153 text)
Assignment Instructions and Requirements
1. FIRST complete Insight 5.2 - print a hard copy of the assigned insight (see last page).