As time goes on, teenagers and families are developing motivation to travel and be
adventurous. Aspen, Colorado is a great place let go of stress, clear ones mind, and be free in the
Food, Wine, and Spirits
Wine is also food in liquid form what is the grape variety? Why?
Chapter 1: Growing Grapes
Viticulture is the science of growing grapes in a vineyard. (Natural)
Enology is the science of making wine in a winery.
TFT: T= tex
Commercial Recreation and Tourism in Alaska
Recreation centers are very popular now days because families are having the urge to travel with
their families to parks and to see wild life. I think this article was very in
Two of my friends and I will be taking a beer tour at Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. We will
plan on leaving from Menomonie at 8 a.m. and arrive at the brewery at 1 p.m. for the tour on Friday
April 29 at 1- 2p.m. The price for a
1. What are the general areas that should be considered for inclusion in a propertys security
a. Guestroom security, control of persons premises, doors, locks, key control, and access
b. Book example pg. 267: for employees, guestroom keys
1. The problem with the hotel is that the guest are not satisfied with their rooms. It is the
Manager of Housekeeping who is creating this problem.
a. The Manager of Housekeeping is not keeping track of how her maids clean the
1. What are the specific functions of a front office accounting system? What tasks are performed
during each stage of the guest cycle?
a. Creates and maintains accurate accounting record for each guest or non-guest account,
tracks financial transactions t
1. What are three important functions of the check out and account settlement process? Why are
these functions essential to the hotels accounting, housekeeping, and marketing functions?
a. The three important functions are resolution of outstanding guest
1. Why are two-way communications necessary between the front desk and housekeeping?
a. With a PDA on two-way communication, a housekeepers work schedule can be
preloaded into their terminal before the beginning of their work-shift. As the work is
1. The manager of the Magic Crest Hotel is asking his accountant and his front office accounting
staff to have a meeting to report the problems that are currently happening i
Use this format.
1. State problem
a. Commentary to the situation causing the problem.
b. Determine if the gorilla.
Use this format:
1. State solution
a. Commentary to why the solution will be effective. This will increase transi
Chapter 1 Review Questions
1) What do all travel and tourism businesses have in common? How does the hospitality industry
relate to the travel and tourism industry?
All travel and tourism businesses have a common goal to provide desired pro
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1) What are the seven steps of the registration process?
The seven steps of the reservation process are preregistration activities, creating the reservation
record, assigning the room and rate, establishing a meth
Chapter 3 Review Questions
What activities are involved in the four stages of the traditional guest cycle? Why have some
properties replaced the traditional cycle with a three-stage sequence?
There are four stages of the guest cycle:
Chapter 2 Review Questions
1) What is the purpose of a hotels mission statement? What are the three groups of people whose
interests should be addressed in a hotels mission statement?
The purpose of a hotels mission statement is to define t
Chapter 4 Review Questions
1) What role does a reservations manager or supervisor play in the sales department? What role
does the reservations manager or supervisor play in forecasting occupancy and revenue?
A reservations manager plays a
COMMAS and SUBORDINATE CLAUSES
Some of the following sentences contain comma errors due to incorrect punctuation of
subordinating clauses. Sometimes you will need to insert a comma; sometimes you will need to
remove a comma; some sentences are corre
HT 140.01 Tourism
March 11. 2016
Many people when they hear Mardi Gras they think of a huge drinking festival. However,
Mardi Gras is more than just a huge festival, it has history behind how it all started. As a tra
Add apostrophes where needed. Some sentences are correct.
1. Peoples names often have strange stories attached to them.
Peoples names often have strange stories attached to them.
2. I devoted a few minutes thoughts to whether Id be better off with a
HOW TO FINISH SLAB FORM- EARTHENWARE (LOW TEMPERATURE)
1) SLIP APPLICATION and INCISING OR PAPER PATTERN TO GREENWARE (one
of three finishes)
2) GLAZE APPLICATION TO FIRED BISQUE WARE
SLIP APPLICATION FOR SLAB FORM (done before any firing of piece)
Rewrite any fragments so that they are complete sentences. Some of the word groups may
already be complete; if the word group is complete, put a period at the end and write nothing
else. Be sure you dont create run-ons or comma sp
COMMAS and ITEMS IN A SERIES
Some of the following sentences contain comma errors. Insert commas as needed.
1. Continued expansion relies on our ability to promote novelty beverages such as papaya
mango and boysenberry juices in grocery stores and r
1. What do all travel and tourism businesses have in common? How does the hospitality industry
relate to the travel and tourism industry?
Answer: They both have one common goal, which is to provide the necessary or desired products or
services to the trav
Clay Conrad A7 Front office Assignment Chapter 5 1. Preregistration activity, creating the registration card, assigning the room and rate, establishing the method of payment, issuing the room key, fulfilling special requests. 7. Cash, personal checks
Assignment 7 Creating a Question Bank HT 460/660 Hospitality Industry Law & Liability For this assignment you will compose a bank of 10 questions from the chapter I assign to you. You will create 5 multiple-choice questions and 5 true/false questions
Assignment 4 Guests and Other Patrons HT 460/660 Hospitality Industry Law & Liability
1. Fran flew from her home in Butte, Montana to New York City. She planned to meet a friend at the airport for dinner. While waiting for her friend, she noticed a
Assignment 3 Negligence HT 460/660 Hospitality Industry Law & Liability
1. The plaintiff, while about to descend a flight of stairs from a second-story restaurant, was engaged in a conversation with a companion and failed to survey the steps. An obs