1) Q: What does the Lotus Case signify?
A: The lotus case was a critical point within international law because it proved to be a
turning point within maritime law. While at the time France didnt have enough evidence
to liberate their citizen from the arm
1) Q: What does the Arantzazu Mendi case signify?
A: The case signifies that a state has sovereignty within its own territories. In this case the
nationalist Franco government had sovereign immunity and was able to take the
steamship that was registered i
1. Q: What does the United States (B.E. Chattin Claim) V. United Mexican States case signify?
A: This case shows the great powers that mixed claim commissions have among nations. In this
case there is a General Claims commission that was agreed upon betwe
1) Q: What does The Rann of Kutch Arbitration case signify?
A: The case is important because it shows a multitude of different ways of how to get two
disputing parties to come to an agreement. In this particular case the courts were able to divide
1) Q: What does The Santa Maria case signify?
A: The Santa Maria case provides an outline to piracy in the 1982 UNCLOS III Convention and
all of its articles. In this particular case a group of Portuguese men seized the Santa Maria cruise
ship in support
1) Q: What is the significance of the United States V. William Tapia case?
A: This case signifies the exceptions that the Vienna Convention holds. In this case Tapia
who was the secretary of the Nicaraguan Consulate General in Tokyo, was charged with
1) Q: What does the Trail Smelter case signify?
A: This case proves to be significant because it shows how the three of the four elemental
principals that have been set in place for treaties, declarations, and other instruments come
together to aid in the