2. Discuss a few of the more important chapter 5 concepts
Strategy is defined as the central, comprehensive integrated and
externally oriented set of choices of how a company will achieve its
objectives. There are many different types of strategies like
3. What would you explain to someone not familiar with international management
before he goes abroad for 5 years as an expatriate manager to five very culturally
different/ different countries, one year in each?
I would explain to the manager, who is goi
1. Culture, culture, culture! Three most important ingredients in International
I think the most important ingredients for International Management are the levels of culture,
which are national, business, and occupational and organizational cu
Individual Case E
2. Discuss the failures on the part of the Japanese and Indian managers that
contributed to the present situation.
It seems as if there were plenty of failures on the part of the managers. The overall
leadership style by both managers de
Case B SkyWest, Inc.
1. Identify the opportunities and threats facing SkyWest briefly justify your responses.
With the airline industry being so ever changing and volatile to the demands of the
current consumers, it is quite easy to see that there are bot
Case D Whole Foods Market in 2010
1. In one sentence, what is Whole Foods business-level strategy? Provide a
paragraph in support your selection of business-level strategy.
I believe that Whole Foods business-level strategy is a simple focused differentia
1. List the five (5) most significant strengths and weaknesses of Costco and the
primary or support activities in which these strengths and weaknesses are
Relationships Costco has direct buying relationships with many large
HBR Assignment #3
Please describe the key ideas that the author(s) present throughout the
This article was very well written and outlined the key points through out. Here I
have outlined the six (6) key points with a short explanation of each:
HBR Assignment #1
1. Among Big Eight, what represents your current career interest best? Is that really
aligned with your future career path/goal? If yes, how so? If no, how would you align
your life interests with your current or future career path? (5pt
Maddison Automotive Post-Campaign Report
Executive Summary | Campaign Overview Maddison Automotive is a relatively new, up-andcoming automotive shop in Waukesha County and has established themselves in the high-end
repair niche specializing in more than j
Individual Case C
1. Which of Porters generic strategies is H-D using? Will this strategy work
for all of the countries described in the case? Why or why not?
Harley Davidson Motorcycles have been manufactured for over 100 years now and it
isnt by acciden
Case Study A
3. Using Hofstedes and the 7d cultural dimension models, explain some of the
cultural differences noted in the case.
When you look up the Hofstede scores to see the latest publications, it seems that the
scores match well with how the case st
Individual Case B
1. Considering both economic and ethical aspects, is it appropriate for
companies like Novo Nordisk to conduct clinical trials in, for example,
India? What exactly are the principles that should guide such a decision?
When we look at the
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS FACTORS AND DIMENSIONS:
1. The stage in the life cycle of the industry : early, establishment of norms,
standards and systems, growth, further expansion, maturity, steady/fast decline.
2. The particular strategic and operating situations
2. Strategy implementation in international companies is the critical part in the
effectiveness of an MNC. Discuss.
a. Introduction: MNC stands for multinational companies. There many
implementations that helps the companies to be effective. One of the st
1. International HRM is the kingpin in international management! Discuss.
a. Introduction: HRM stands for Human Resource Management. Managing and
developing human assets are the major goals of human resource management,
which deals with the overall relati
3. Motivation and leadership in a large global organizations. Discuss.
a. Introduction: The global leaders must have the skills and abilities to interact with
and manage people from the diverse cultural backgrounds that populate his or her