PLA Outline #5
Lectures 9 and 10 (Memory continued, and Learning)
1. A patient with Alzheimers has what areas of the brain affected? What things can
Alzheimers patients remember?
Hippocampus, Temporal and Pariet
PLA Outline #2
Explain how neurotransmission works(What is the picture of down below?).
1. What causes Multiple Sclerosis (MS)?
2. Identify 3 different types of neurons.
3. Describe each term in relation to action
PLA Outline #6
Week 6 Facilitator Developmental Lectues 11-12
1. Compare nature and nurture.
Which is more correct and has more influence?
2. Distinguish Critical periods and Sensitive periods.
3. State what the trends s
PLA Outline #1
1. What are the three common research methods in psychology?
1. Descriptive- observing and classifying what you have observed
a. Case Study- Observe one individual, one individual (hospital)
b. Natural Obse
PLA Outline #4
Lectures 8-9 Memory
1. Explain the four models of memory. Try to outline/sketch the Traditional Stage
2. What are the 3 components of the STM a.k.a Working memory? How does it
work compared to LTM?
1. Started the lecture by going over the 4 categories of animal use ethic 2. There are criteria for ethical animal research a. Is research redundant? b. Is it being done humanly 3. US Department of Agriculture is responsible for regulation of animal resea
1. Sense of self (mirror recognition) 2. Awareness of others (theory of mind) a. Some say yes, some say no b. Hard to study 3. Experience of loss (death) 4. Ethics (fairness, envy) 5. Sense of time a. Anticipation of the future b. Memories o
1. Is language the exclusive domain of humans? Rene Descartes a. Animals are different, even insane humans can put sentences together, animals cant 2. Samual Pepys a. I do believe that i t already understands much English; and I am of the m ind it might b