How did Gaius Marius and Sulla contribute to the downfall of the Roman
Republic? What specifically did they do that hurt the republic?
o Military reforms: soldiers are more loyal to their generals than to Rome
o Marching an army on Rome
History 110 Midterm 1
- fertile crescent
- cities started on the Euphrates
- core of civilization in southern part of region
o Documents have survived, no one can read them
- Bronze age
o Collapsed in 1200 BC
- Beginning of Iron Age
- The oldest traces of settlements in Rome date to about 1000 BCE and come from
the Palatine Hill and the forum.
- The main evidence is supplied by graves found in the forum.
- The dead were cremated and their ashes were kept in containers, which wer