a) Regression equation is:
Y(hat) = 54.218 + 0.913 x
Where y(hat) is 2012 numbers and x is 2002 numbers.
b) X = 278
Y(hat) = 54.218 +0.913 *278 = 308.03
c) Residual is y y(hat) = 332 308.03 = 23.97
Regression equation is: y
Scatterplot of Calories Vs Percent alcohol:
There seems to be a linear strong positive relationship between these two variables.
An outlier is a point which is far from entire data set and trend. Only one point seems outlier which is
a) Researcher should test about population means not about sample means.
b) Scores of 48 males should be compared with only freshmen males out of all 100.
c) We dont reject null hypothesis as P value is greater than 0.05.
d) P value s
a) Stem plot of the data
b) Two distinct groups of countries are: one having GDP greater than and equal to 5.0 and
other one which is less than 5.0.
c) Mean = sum/count = 60.6/13 = 4.66. Since the data has high spread and values are n
a) X = 74
Z = (74-69)/2.5 = 2
From 68-95-99.7 rule,
Area beyond 2 times std dev from mean is 5%. Hence area greater than 2 is 2.5%.
Hence 2.5% of men are taller than 74.
b) 95% are falls between 2 times std dev from mean.
a) P(z <= -2.10) = 0.0179
b) P( z >= -2.10) = 1 0.0179 = 0.9821
c) P( z > 1.60) = 0.0548
d) P( -2.10 < z <1.60) = 0.9273
1.100) z is normal standard variable.
a) z such that P( z < Z ) = 0.12 is 1.1750
b) z such that P(z <= Z) = 0.12 is
4.45) X ~ B( n = 6, p = 0.09)
a) P(x=6) =0 .000
b) P(x = 0) = 0.5679
c) P(x = 1) = 0.3370
a) P ( both prefer white) = 0.24*0.24 = 0.0576
b) Since two sisters ae chosen, their choice could be similar and hence the events might
a) Test statistic z = (28.6-31)/(9.6/sqrt(40) = -1.581
b) P value = 2*P(z<-1.581) = 2*0.057 = 0.104.
Since P value is not less than 0.05, we are not convinced that Cleveland differs from the
Scenario 1: If a particular product gets sold or not.
Scenario 2: In a manufacturing company, if a product has met its specification or not.
a) Sample space, S = cfw_Its in business, Its not in b
6.2) n = 49, mean = 420 sample std deviation = 21
Parameters of sampling distribution of sample mean is:
Mean = 420
Std deviation = 21/7 = 3
6.3) n= 441, sqrt(441) = 21
Parameters of sampling distribution of sample mean is:
Mean = 420
BUS ADM 370
INTRODUCTION TO SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
NAME: BASIL ALKHALIF
a) Takt time = Available time for production / Required units of production
Available time for production = 8 * 60 = 480 mins
Required output = 200 motorcycles
BUS ADM 476
Transportation and Logistics Management
Homework 1 (30 points)
For all the problems, to receive full scores, you have to show your complete and accurate
work. If you only provide the final answers without showing your computations, you will
1. The first step in the human resources planning process is to _.
Prepare a human resource workforce inventory
2. A _ is a statement that identifies the minimum
qualifications required of a worker in order to perform a specific job.
1. _ is the market situation in which there are many sellers in
a market and no
seller is large enough to dictate the price of a product.
Perfect or pure competition
2. The total value of final goods and services produced within a
nations borders in a
9. (p. 26) A(n) _ is a product, service, or idea that creates value for both the
organization and its customers by satisfying their needs and wants.
B. business firm
Text term definitionofferings
7. (p. 25) In keeping with its business mission, Ben & Jerry's has
A. opened new franchises exclusively in pre-existing structures in order to save natural
B. created career programs to help nonprofit organizations give jobs to at-risk youth.
5. (p. 25) In keeping with its business mission, Ben & Jerry's has
A. created a children's TV program with cartoon characters "Ben" and "Jerry" to teach about the
importance of good nutrition.
B. offered to buy out any failing family-owned ice cream parlo
3. (p. 25) Ben & Jerry's product mission contains three interrelated parts. The primary focus of
Ben & Jerry's economic mission is to operate the Company
A. with the goal of generating enough revenue to be able to one day become a completely
2. (p. 25) Ben & Jerry's product mission contains three interrelated parts. The primary focus of
Ben & Jerry's social mission is to operate the Company in a way that actively recognizes the
central role that business plays in society by
A. promoting the q
Chapter 02 Developing Successful Marketing and Organizational Strategies
Multiple Choice Questions
1. (p. 25) Ben & Jerry's product mission contains three interrelated parts. The primary focus of
Ben & Jerry's product mission is to make, distri
267. What are the four components of the implementation phase of the strategic marketing
268. What is the difference between marketing strategies and marketing tactics?
269. What is the purpose of the evaluation phase of the strategic marketing p
263. Identify and describe the four factors in a SWOT analysis and give examples for Ben &
Jerry's Homemade ice cream that help it identify the critical strategy-related factors that could
have major effects on it.
264. A campus service organization annua
The question mark in Figure 2-10 represents
A. the contribution margin.
B. the marginal space.
C. the breakeven point.
D. the planning gap.
E. differential location.
242. As the CEO of the company the sales revenues of which are shown in
259. Explain the difference between "competencies" and "competitive advantage" in an
260. One of the most recognized approaches to business portfolio analysis is the Boston
Consulting Group's growth-share matrix. By dividing each d
255. Write three possible versions of a corporate mission statement for a community college.
256. Name and briefly describe the seven types of corporate goals.
257. The logistics industry has sales of $800 billion per year. If a third party logistics prov
251. What is a cross-functional team and how is it used?
252. Explain what a visionary organization is and the two key steps that are part of how
visionary organizations formulate strategies.
253. List potential stakeholders for the college or university
243. Based on the information in Figure 2-10, between 2003 and 2010 the planning gap
A. is widening.
B. is becoming narrower.
C. is staying the same.
D. size cannot be determined.
E. began in 2002.
244. Evergreen Air Center is the world's largest parking
247. The four brand values of BP require practical actions that are
A. progressive, proactive, performance driven, and practical.
B. progressive, innovative, green, and performance-driven.
C. progressive, profitable, performance driven, and practical.
238. The two major aspects of the evaluation phase of the strategic marketing process are
A. segmenting the market and selecting target markets.
B. establishing a business mission and designing measurable goals and objectives.
C. designing the marketing m
234. Marketing tactics refer to
A. the long-term decisions made to implement the marketing program and the monitoring of
B. the detailed day-to-day operational decisions essential to the overall success of marketing
C. the ste