25 September 2014
Thaddeus Stevens was a trailblazer in his time, a bulwark in the face of the
tide of slavery and its influence on the post-civil war America. He certainly didnt
concern himself with the opinions of o
October 30, 2014
William Jennings Bryan was a deeply religious individual so it is not
surprising that he would favor a pacifistic foreign policy as opposed to militaristic.
He believed that conflicts could be solved diplomatically
The East-rise in modernity (industry creates middle class, upper class, and poverty class)
1. Problems with urbanization?
-overcrowding, rising crime, massive immigration
-Most people in U.S. were White and Protestant and lived on farms (1870)
History Exam #3
1. What is the definition of Imperialism?
-the idea of having a large empire (shows modernity, Social Darwinism)
2. Who are the big guys in empires?
-GB and France
3. How does a nation become imperialistic?
History Exam #4
The Great War
1. Which countries made up the Central Powers?
-Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire, and Bulgaria
2. Which countries made up the Allied Forces?
-GB, France, Russia, Italy, and Serbia
3. What were the reasons for the Grea
History Exam 5
1. What was the economic slump which the U.S. fell into called?
-The Great Depression
2. What was FDRs plan to help out the nation during the Depression called?
-The New Deal
3. What were the 3 Rs of FDRs plan?