Econ 448 Economics of Human Resources
1. Managers have the most difficult part of any incentive scheme is performance evaluation,
by using the MBO, mangers can find a better way to negotiate with their subordinate. To
measure an employee contribution to t
Home Work #1
Paid by the Widget, and Proud.
Directly towards hourly output of glass installers tasks
Performance pay plan: wages to productivity
2) Uncontrollable Risk:
Broken windshields pieces/products
Broken machine when com
Home Work #4
When Stars Migrate, Do They Still Perform Like Stars.
1. What do the authors mean when the speak of portability?
Portability means when workers are able to pick up his/her skills and take his/her
skills sets into any work environmen
Home Work #3
Cozy relationship and peer benchmarking send CEOs pay soaring.
1. Why would a firm tie CEO pay to the CEOs peers? What are the economic
assumptions underlying the decision?
Boards are aiming to pay their executive at an equal level
Home Work #5
1. Compare and contrast the job design and decision making process at the call center
before and after the American Express. Why did American Express redesign its call
The original job design was a four story buildi
Econ 448 Economics of Human Resources Homework Assignment #2
1. Many business experts advocate systems such as Management by Objective
(MBO) for managing employee incentives. Under MBO, the supervisor
negotiates a set of mutually agreed u