Biology 150 Study guide for exam 4
(listed in order of slides from Dr. Karrons powerpoints)
1. What is meant by the term evolutionary specialization? Why is the example of the bat
Anoura fistulata visiting the long flowers of the Ecuadoran plant Centropog
Whats a vitamin? An organic compound required in the diet.
Vitamin A: synthesis of visual pigment, growth factor
Vitamin C: cofactor in enzymatic reactions, collagen synthesis; shortage
causes scurvy. Possible antioxidant
Vitamin D: enhances uptake of met
Study Guide 3
1. Know what is happening during the stages of meiosis.
2. What are the key differences between mitosis and meiosis?
3. How is sex determined in animals like humans (and fruit flies)?
4. What was the initial observation in the fruit