- Networks of international linkages that bind countries, institutions, and people in
an interdependent global economy. Economic integration results from the
lessening of trade barriers and the increased flow of goods and servic
Chapter Review Questions
Describe how information systems have changed the way businesses operate and
their products and services.
Wireless communications, including computers and mobile hand-held computing devices,
are keeping managers,
Despite its critics, globalization has increased prosperity around the globe, yet billions remain in
Two- thirds of the worlds population, four billion people, are locked out of globalization
Poor people are migrating to the worlds citie
Describes the process of discussion by which two or more parties aim to reach a
mutually acceptable agreement. This process, difficult enough when it takes place
among people of similar backgrounds, is even more complex in inter
1. Three main structures
The global functional structure is designed on the basis of the companys functions
production, marketing, finance, and so forth. Foreign operations are integrated into
the activities and responsibilities of each departm
a. Strategic alliances are partnerships between two or more firms that decide
they can better pursue their mutual goals by combining their resources
financial, managerial, and technological as well as their existing distinctive
1. Saudi Arabia Business culture
- Laws and Customs depend on the strict Islamic religious convictions.
- Its difficult to adapt for those who are coming from a place where state and
religion are separated.
- Some activities had to be cancelled
1. Communication describes the process of sharing meaning by transmitting messages
though media such as words, behaviours, or material artefacts.
- Managers communicate to coordinate activities, negotiate future plans and to motivate
1. McDonalds CSR experience in China:
- In the 90s MD was seen to be promoting waste and an unhealthy lifestyle. MD
takes the critic since they are visible
- To grow your business you have to be strategic. CSR might be beneficial or not at all
Chapter 2 review questions
What are business processes? How are they related to information systems?
Define business processes and describe the role they play in organizations.
A business process is a logically related set of activities