GRSJ 224: Gender, Race, Sexuality, and Social Justice in Literature
Techniques of literary study, with emphasis on intersectionality and the ways in which gender is
represented in literature and contributions of
- Two opposite object
- Men V.S. Women; Active V.S. Passive.
- Feminists challenges this.
Implies hierarchies, showing lower status on women.
(1) Incorporate the female into the male realm.
(2) Valorizing the female
In tourists eyes, Barcelona is a beautiful and impressive place to live. However, Biutiful starts and focuses
on the main character, Uxbal to reveal the ruthless truth on living condition in Barcelona, tearing the
beautiful mask. Uxbal is a legal citizen
- The Resources Development Administration (RDA) in order to get the rare,
valuable unobtanium on Pandora, people from the Earth treated Navi as a
tool to get the mineral by developing avatar. Parker Selfridge ordered Jake
The White fence builder at Jigalong Depot:
The first appearance of this fence builder in Rabbit Proof Fence is the scene
when Molly, Daisy and Gracie were playing near the depot and chatting with
him. They asked him about the fenc
Representations of Realms:
- Ofelia is an innocent and kind girl who doesnt feel secured in her life. In the view of a child, the
world in her eyes should be simple and beautiful. However, in reality, the world is full of painful
and the adults keep fight
Loraine Wong 1150 2144
In the Children of Men, human infertility has already lasted for two decades.
However, the film seems putting all the responsibility and problems of infertility
towards female. The description of females realizes
Indiana Jones: How does the film reproduce tropes of discovery and archaeology as linked to
(1) Movie starts at Peru for finding a golden idol.
Dr. Jones held the map of the treasure.
Reflects a significant knowledge of the First Wo
Dr. Litsa Chatzivasileiou
GRSJ 224B-002: FEMINIST FICTIONS OF UTOPIA/DYSTOPIA
Traits of Magic Realism
The term magic realism is an oxymoron that combines two apparently contradictory terms without
resolving the paradox. Without merging one term into the o
Problems with Rabbit Proof Fence (Rajan Sandhu)
The movie I felt did a great job in showing how crazy the white colonial
power was trying to achieve over the natives of Australia. I am still very
shocked at how cruel the power dynamics plotted to take chi
5 Days for the Homeless Campaign:
Problems - Campaign erases everyday struggles and traumatic experiences (mental illnesses, addiction,
- Homeless = word that homogenizes all experiences of homelessness and all homeless
- Demonstrates wh
Term Project Essay on White Saviourism
- The Blind Side Introduction:
- Summary of movie
- Main argument:
- Introduces white saviourism as something that can create a tremendous turning point in a
black males life
- Binary opposition (ideological me
Skeeter having access to both racial groups
- Skeeter is portrayed to be very close with her white friends as they acknowledge her
presence and play cards with her
- Skeeter is also portrayed to be very close to her black maid, Constantine
- This relation
1. Discuss who is the Self and the Other in SF according to Patricia Kerslake.
What are some of the representations of otherness in SF and in what ways this
Other is designed to support humancentrism, ethnocentrism and terracentrism?
In Science Fiction,