A project is any undertaking with defined objectives, starting and finishing points. This
can be contrasted with for example mass production, which continues indefinitely.
Projects generally pass through a number of phases that make up th
Inventories and Depreciation
Stocks are supplies of goods and materials held by an organisation. They are formed
whenever the organisations inputs or outputs are not used at the time they become
available. An inventory is a list of th
During World War II shortages of materials and labour forced the introduction of many
substitutes. The management of the General Electric Company noticed that often these
substitutes reduced cost and improved product quality. Lawrence Mi
Work study grew out of the "Scientific Management" school, including the work of Fredrick
Taylor and F. and L. Gilbreth.
Its purpose is to provide factual data that can be used to assist in making decisions about how to
most effectively utilise
GMAT9205: Fundamentals of Geo-Positioning
You are invited to write an essay about Reference Frames, Map Projections and Their Applications
This major essay task requires a comprehensive reflection on the lecture contents and the
4. The Analysis of Disposal Options
In this case, the computers owned by our group members are replaced by the new
ones. And these computers can be regarded as the E-waste, which needs to be
disposed approximately. There are three options provided: (1) di
ASSIGNMENT NAME: Ecological Footprints
STUDENT NAMES & ID NUMBERS:
bo WANG & 3447633
wei WEI & 3426332
xudong HAN & 3421229
CONTACT ADDRESS FOR RETURN OF ASSIGNMENT TO
UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES
SCHOOL OF CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL
GMAT9205 Fundamentals of
GPS: SPP vs. RTK Positioning
A Practical Report
Supervisor: A/Prof. Jinling Wang
Mamon alghananim (z5002980)
Shuyang Cheng (z3493
Coordinate Reference Frames and Geodetic
surveys/datums in Australia
Examples of horizontal geodetic datums
around the world
Defining the Reference: Steps
Statement/definition of the 'ideal' reference system.
Identification of phys
Coordinates & Datums: Need we be
Lecture 2: Coordinate
Coordinates - a set of numbers that define position, in
relation to an origin and primary surfaces or directions.
Reference system - an 'anchoring' of the coordinate axes
Reference Frames, Map Projections and their Applications:
From the mathematical minds of Ptolemy and Mercator to
International Conventions and Societal Realisation.
Claudius Ptolemy (AD 90168)
Gerard Mercator (15121594)
by Brett K Brace (5551998)
Visit to Sydney Observatory
GMAT9205, S1 2013
Sydney observatory is one of the oldest observatories and strategically located site in
nations scientific history, it was built in 1858. In 19th and 20th century this observatory
played major ro
Solutions to Tutorial on Risk and Uncertainty
1. Suppose that a decision maker having four decision alternatives and four states of nature has developed the
following payoff table.
State of Nature
Risk and Uncertainty
Decision making is an important part of engineering work and other professional activities such
as business management. Most decisions involve us going through the following process:
identify all alternative courses of ac
Monte Carlo Simulation
Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS) is a tool that can be used to study the behaviour of systems that
have probabilistic input data and give probabilistic output data. It is also sometimes used for
integration. It is named after a city on
Economic Evaluation - Criteria
Inflation is the term used to describe the general increase in the level of prices in
the economy over time. The effect of inflation is that one dollar this year will buy
less than one dollar next year.
A local council plans to purchase a new garbage truck. Two models are equally
acceptable. Which truck would you recommend they purchase on economic grounds?
Purchase Price ($)
Operating Cost (Annual)($)
Monte Carlo Tutorial Solution
A project consists of 4 independent activities.
The cost of Activity A is exponentially distributed with a mean of $1000.
The cost of Activity B has a 30% chance of costing $800, 50% of $1200 and 20% of $1600.
The cost of act
If you placed $3000 in your bank account on January 1st every year for the next 10 years,
how much money would you have at the end of the 10th year? Assume that interest is
compounded annually at a rate of 10% p.a.
This question requires the compound i
Economic Evaluation - The Time Value of Money
Most engineering projects require the expenditure of large amounts of money to
design, put in place and to operate. The engineer is not only concerned with the
technical capabilities of the system but also whe
Levels of Estimates
In order to evaluate a project it is necessary to estimate what benefits will accrue from it,
and how much it will cost. In the very earliest stages of a project, when deciding whether
the project should go ahead or not