Physics 2149 Lecture 01
1) The number of digits used to express a quantity is an implicit indication of the uncertainty of the value. a) As a rough estimate of the uncertainty we will assume that the measurement is good to within 1 of
The average speed of a moving object during a given interval of time is always:
the magnitude of its average velocity over the interval
one-half its speed at the end of the interval
MOTION ALONG A STRAIGHT LINE
1. A particle moves along the x axis from xi to xf . Of the following values of the initial and nal
coordinates, which results in the displacement with the largest magnitude?
A. xi = 4 m, xf = 6 m
B. xi = 4 m, xf =
P hysics 2 06 Examples with S olutions
Problem 1 .
A) Near the surface of the earth when the gravitational force of the earth is the only important force
acting, does an object s horizontal velocity change?
Answer : There is no horizontal accel
Print Assignment: Chap7 :false
1. Test Bank, Question 25
At time t = 0 a 2-kg particle has a velocity in m/s of
At t = 3 s its velocity is
During this time the work done on it was:
2. Test Bank, Question 11
An object moves in
FORCE AND MOTION II
1. A brick slides on a horizontal surface. Which of the following will increase the magnitude of
the frictional force on it?
A. Putting a second brick on top
B. Decreasing the surface area of contact
C. Increasing the surfac
KINETIC ENERGY AND WORK
1. Which of the following is NOT a correct unit for work?
2. Which of the following groups does NOT contain a scalar quantity?
A. velocity, force, power
FORCE AND MOTION I
example of an inertial reference frame is:
any reference frame that is not accelerating
a frame attached to a particle on which there are no forces
any reference frame that is at rest
a reference frame at
MOTION IN TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS
1. Velocity is dened as:
A. rate of change of position with time
B. position divided by time
C. rate of change of acceleration with time
D. a speeding up or slowing down
E. change of position