ISP 203 Post Lab 8
1. 1a: 1 eye go to 2
1b: 2 eye go to 3
1c: 3 eye go to 4
2a: 4 leg = loopy
2b: 1 leg = shrinzy
3a: has hair go to 5
3b: no hair go to 6
4a: 4 arms = groopy
4b: 2 arms = blinky
5a: has legs go to 7
5b: no legs = flinky
Postlab 3: Measuring / Data
Reminder: the answers (including tables and graphs) to this and ALL submitted items in this lab
must be the result of your own work.
1. What were your two hypotheses in lab: (1 point)
The smaller the bead, the smaller the poros
LAB 14 PRE-LAB
1. In lab, we will be using the presence of macroinvertebrates to assess the health
of the RCR by calculating a general Biotic Index. Using the table below, how do
you hypothesize the Red Cedar will rate and WHY?
a. Hypothesis (5 points)
ISP 203 Post Lab 7
2. For the upstream the most dominate size was 16 to 32 and for downstream it was 32 to
64. Downstream is where the bigger rocks woul
1) Difference of tree circumference on the north and south banks of the red cedar river.
2) I thought the south side of the bank would have a bigger circumference because they
grew on the bank where water was easy accessible.
LAB 11 PRE-LAB
Read the document available on D2L entitled: Riparian Buffer Zones
1. Summarize, in your own words, Section 1: Functions of Riparian Buffers. Include in your summary at
least 3 benefits derived from riparian buffers (3 points)
B. Creating and expressing your own ideas in course work: Using your own work, which was
made up only by yourself.
Acknowledging all sources of information: Citing your sources when getting facts or stud
ISP Post Lab 11
2. Yes, in the developed there is much more grass probably because it was put there after
the field was cleared out. There is also much more leaf litter
INDIVIDUAL PROJECT SYNOPSIS
Your individual projects are due during LAB 15. Your instructor MUST
approve project topics in order to receive credit for your final
project presentation. Please submit a synopsis of your project for
instructor approval. You m
Postlab 02 Observing the RCR
1. What were the three most notable observations about the river and its
surroundings that you made during lab 2? (3 points).
-The waters color which was murky and brown, the speed of flow of the RCR which