Unit 2: Catholic Social Teaching
Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church Reading Questions
Directions: Read CST iBook Articles 8, 9 and 10. Using a font other than black,
TYPE answers to the questions below in your own words; cite the CST pa
1. Categorize chemical signals in terms of the proximity of the communicating cells.
2. Overview the basic elements of a signaling system of a target cell.
3. Describe the nature of a ligand-receptor interaction and state how
1. What are the three main types of variables used in Java and what
are they used to store?
The three main types are String, int, and double. String is used to store
constants in quotes; they are immutable. int is used to store integers.
double is used to
int variables are integers that correspond to four bytes and have a specific range.
double variables take up to eight bytes and can range up to 10^308. It has 15 sigfigs and is
therefore the preferred variable for real numbers.
boolean has two literals in
1. In java, what is the operator for AND?
2. In java, what is the operator for OR?
3. In java, what variable type stores true or false?
4. Using x = 3, y = 6, what is the result of the fragment (x = 3 | y = 6)?
5. Using x = 3, y = 6, what is the result of
Declare and initialize several variables demonstrating understanding of the four
key points. Demonstrate knowledge of different variable types (int, double). Be
sure to differentiate declaring a variable form initializing a variable, to use legal
/ Part (a)
for(int a = 0; a < 5; a+)
/ Part (b)
for(int b = 0; b < 5; b+) cfw_
/ Part (c)
int c = 0;
for(c = 0; c < 5; c+);
/ Part (d)
for(int d = 0; d > 5; d+)