STAT 334 - Fall 2015 - Assignment 2
Due Friday Oct 30 at start of class. This assignment may be completed in pairs as before.
1. A mouse is in the centre of the maze with three choices. Door 1 leads back to the centre
after 2 minutes. Door 2 leads back to
STAT 334 Fall 2015 Tutorial 2
Names: 90 LUTlO (\l S
1. Game 1: On each turn, you roll a fair 6~sided die. You collect the puzzle piece matching
the number you rolled= if it has not been collected yet.
a. What is the expected number of turns it takes
STAT 334 - Probability Models for Business and Accounting
M3 3144 x36721
dkchisho office hours: 4-5:30 M, 1:30-3 F in M3 3106
Textbook/Course Notes: The primary source will be the notes given in class.
STAT 334 - Fall 2015 - Assignment 1
Due Friday Oct 16 at start of class
This assignment may be completed in pairs. Only one person should submit the paper. Both
names and ID numbers should be on it. Both will receive the same grade.
1. Let X be a negative
University of Waterloo
STAT 334 Test 1
First (Given) Name:
Last (Family) Name:
Student ID #:
1. Please read questions carefully and show y
STAT 334 Fall 2015 Tutorial 4
1. This will give you some practice with the Multinornial Distribution.
Roll the (biased) die 10 times and write the numbers you get in the boxes below:
3 5 2
How many 1’s: How many 2’s: How many 3’s:
biased, c119. _
STAT 334 Fall 2015 Tutorial 5
Names: 50 LUTl 0 S
This tut will give you some practice with joint transfonnations and conditioning, step by step.
1. Step 1: Find (graph) the support of U and V, for the joint transformation of X and Y
a. O<x<y<2; U = Y
STAT 334 Fall 2015 Tutorial 3
Names: SDI/UT 1 ‘ON 5
1. You throw a dalt at a board, and call the x-coordinate X. Your score is Y = “(X—7702,
where m is the X—coordinate of the middle of the board. Find the pdf and range of Y if.
a. you throw the dart