Friday, September 16th, 2011
Material Elements of Production
- Define time and space
- mood, atmosphere, and feeling
- Sensory (music, sound, light, silence)
- Make-up, set, costumer, props body, shadow
Principles of Production
1. Men-of-action perform actions informed by choices and goals, but the choices and
goals of characters are usually at odds (hence conflict).
2. Plot on stage events linked together by cause and effect
3. Action change in the world of th
The Lion King: Behind the Scenes Part I
What does Julie Taymor mean when she says she uses "highly theatrical means"
to create animal characters on stage?
She didnt try to create animals in a literal way. She is opposing something literal versus
Oedipus Tyrannus Sophocles
A lot of people were surprised at the way people the play turned out
Why did Jocasta kill herself?
Oedipus was true to the promise he made by blinding himself
Tyrant is someone that come to power by non-constitutional
The play begins with Bernardo freeing Francisco of his night time duty with, when
immediately after Horatio and Marcellus show up to talk to Bernardo. Bernardo and
Marcellus try convincing Horatio about the ghost who made his course