CONQUESTS UNDER HAZRAT ABU BAKR
(i) Muslim Commander
(ii) Commander of opposing forces
(i) Khalid bin Waleed
Hormuz killed and his forces
defeated at this famous battle
Allah in Himself (Signs)
The Holy Quran describes and elaborates details about the person of Allah.
Usually certain symbolic expressions and parables have been used for this purpose.
For example, Surah An Nur describes Allah as a 'light',
Allah is the L
ALLAH IN HIMSELF (PART 2)
Surah Al Anaam 6: 101 to 103
101. To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: how can He have a
son when He has no consort?
102. He created all things, and He has full knowledge of all things. That is Allah, yo
Since, a long time back I have been trying to comprehend the way through which the religions
are created. In this world each and every culture has its own way of praying and has modified or
invented on or more religious rituals. If we read th
Q. Distinguish between sacred and holy. Giving examples from Islamic scripture.
Ans. These two words are often interchangeably used. However, they are used in different
context. The sacred is basically a concept in the mind of a person wh
Allah and His Messengers
We shall study about 4 messengers
Muhammad (2 passages)
Key features of allahs relationship with
1. They are Allahs vicegerents on earth
2. They have been granted special and great knowledge
ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGERS (PART 2)
SURAH AL MAIDA 5: 110
Then will Allah say: 'Jesus son of Mary! Recount my favour to you and to your mother. Behold!
Strengthened you with the holy spirit, so that you spoke to the people in childhood and in
Allah and His Creation (Part 2)
Surah Al Alaq 96; 1-5
1. Read! in the name of your Lord, who created
2. Created man out of a clot of congealed blood
3.Proclaim! And your Lord is most bountiful
4. He who taught by the pen
5. Taught man what he did not know
ALLAH AND HIS CREATION (PART 3)
Surah Al-Nas 114: 1-6
In the name of Allah, most Gracious ,most Merciful.
1. Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of Mankind,
2. the King of Mankind,
3. the Allah of Mankind,
4. from the evil of the whisperer who withdraws,
Allah and His Creation
Key Features of Allahs
relationship with His creation
1. He is most Gracious & Merciful.
2. All Praise is due to Allah
3. He is the Lord of the Worlds,
4. Master of the Day of Judgment
5. Will reward / punish as per deeds
6. Only He
Knowledge and power
by Michael Selig
Edward W. Sad. Covering Islam: How the Media and the Experts Determine How We See the
Rest of the World. New York: Pantheon Books, 1981. 186 pages.
Covering Islam was penned down by a Palestinian author