- Short answer questions (not chapter 1, just 2-12)
Personal and Family Life Skills:
How do developing motor skills contribute to the development of personal and family skills?
- Learning motor skills earlier can help children develop b
Parent Adolescent Interactions
The most favorable outcomes for adolescents are linked with
- Authoritative parenting and traditional parenting patterns
Unfavorable outcomes have been linked with
- Uninvolved, authoritarian, permissive, etc.
Preschoolers require assistance, guidance, and care from their caregivers
When and how does attachment security of parents to preschoolers occur?
- In preschool, attachment is shown to be a reliable predictor
- In all cultures, the process by which babies develop secure attachment depends on
whether or not they experience contingent responsiveness from their parents and other
- Research suggests securely attached children
Parenting and Their School Age Children
Promoting school-age childrens social-emotional development:
- School aged children are not as closely supervised by parents during the preschool years
- Their social and emotional lives continue to be shaped