Tutorial - Reflection/Refraction of Light
1. a) For each of the following, calculate the final direction of the emerging ray when
the angle of incidence is 30. (nglass = 1.5)
b) Calculate the displacement of the ray in the first ex
Tutorial - Electrostatics
1. For the two charges below
find the force exerted by each charge on the other.
2. Find the total electric force on an electron placed at the point A in the diagram
Q = 3.0 nC
Q = -2.0 nC
Tutorial - Magnetic Fields
1. a) How much current is required in a long straight wire in order to produce a
magnetic flux density of 0.200 mT at a perpendicular distance of 5.0 mm from the
center of the wire?
b) The magnetic flux density 55 cm
Tutorial - Curved Mirrors
1. A concave spherical mirror has a radius of curvature of 44 cm. When a 2.8 cm tall object is
placed 62 cm in front of the reflecting surface, find
a) the location of the image
b) the nature of the image
c) the magni
Tutorial Electrostatic Potentials
1. At what distance from a 2.5 nC charge is the electrostatic potential equal to 150 V?
2. Find V at the point a (the mid point along the bottom).
3. How much work i
Tutorial - Plane Mirrors
1. A boy runs towards a mirror at 2.0 m/s. How fast is he running towards his own
2. A 5.2 cm high object is placed in front of a vertical plane mirror. The image is
located 28 cm from the object. Determine:
Tutorial - Lenses
An object 1.5 cm tall is placedtransversely the axis of a converginglens whose focal
length is 3.0 cm. Find the position, natureand size ofthe image
ifthe objectdistance 10.0cm,
ifthe object distanceis 2.0 cm f
2-D Vector Math Review
When working with 2-D vectors is it always expected that the final answer be stated in polar coordinates (magnitude & direction). Always state your sign convention!
1) Given vectors A1 = [0, 22.0] km and A2 = 47.0 km [60S of E] fi
1. Transverse waves in a rope are observed with a distance of 58 cm between crests. As
the wave crests and troughs pass by, a segment of the rope is seen to oscillate with a
period of 72.0 ms. Calculate the speed of the wave.
1. In the circuit shown, find the total resistance.
2. Find the total resistance of:
3. Find the total resistance for:
4. For each resisto