Week 11 Big Data Boosters
Big Data Booster
Mayer-Schonberger + Cukier: "Now"
1. What is Big Data? Some implications?
2. What are some potential ethical considerations of Big Data?
3. Examples or uses of Big Dat
Week 8 - Social Media and Mashup Culture
- Social media builds on social network
- Visible way of tracking, understanding, exploring, etc. human relationships
How communities form on the Internet and what do peop
Week 6 Social Media
The differences between web 1.0 and 2.0 > users become creators; two-ways
instead of one-way. Web 2.0 is about creating spaces that exist and people just
create their own content.
- The valu
Week 3 The Network Society
Social Network Revolution
1. More diversity in social relationships
2. Create bridges among these worlds
3. Introduces the stress of not having a single home base
Week 4 Identity and Technology
Nakamura + Chow-White (reading)
- What are the main arguments/themes for this collection?
- What do the authors say about racial divides & online accessibility?
- What do the author
Promises of Communication and Technology in the Digital Age
- Web 1.0 - basic HTML webpages, ability to put up content is in the hands of the
- Web 2.0 - Interactive, ability switch t
Back to Article
Click to Print
Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2006
Time's Person of the Year: You
By LEV GROSSMAN
The "Great Man" theory of history is usually attributed to the Scottish philosopher Thomas Carlyle,
who wrote that "the history of the world is but the
Digital Media and Society
Nancy K. Baan Personal Connections in the Digital Age
Jean Burgess and Joshua Green Youtnbe
Mark Deuze Media Work
Charles Ess Digital Media Ethics
Alexander Halavais Search Engine Society
Robert Hassan The Information Society