Exploring Behavior in Action, Maria Yee and the Green Furniture Revolution, pages
1. Maria Yee is known for her coaching and development of others.
AACSB Tier 1: Ethics
1. Many ethical issues raised in Case 21. Big Pharma was concentrated with giving pills for any health
problem that the pills would not help with rather than developing new and improved drugs. Med
students received free lunches, pens, notepads, an
1. No, it would not make any difference if the applicant lied unintentionally or intentionally
because no one in human resources knows whether she lied on purpose or not. As far as anyone
from human resources knows she lied about hav
I Know Shes Smart and AccomplishedBut Does She Have Personality, pages 167-169
1. A recent survey found that over 30 percent of employers use some form of personality
test to hire employees.
Exploring Behavior in Action: Teamwork at Starbucks, pages 402-403
1. A major reason for Starbucks tremendous success is the teamwork of the
baristas who serve customers.
AACSB Tier 1
Exploring Behavior in Action, pages 47-48
1. The case study regarding the female firefighter at the Los Angeles Fire Department
resulted in discrimination.
AACSB Tier 1: Diversity
Exploring Behavior in Action: McDonalds Thinks Globally and Acts Locally, pages 8384
1. McDonalds has done more to accommodate cultural differences in its restaurants than
many other companies.
Work Motivation at W.L. Gore & Associates, pages 208-210
1.Employees who work at W.L. Gore & Associates must tolerate a certain amount of
ambiguity and must thrive in autonomous settings.
Exploring Behavior in Action, pages 11-13
1.Proctor & Gamble empowers its work teams by allowing the teams to allocate tasks
among team members, establish their own work schedules, and recruit new members.
Exploring Behavior in Action: IBM and Virtual Social Worlds, pages 327-328
1. IBMs virtual conference was more expensive than a face-to-face conference would
Exploring Behavior in Action: Striking for Stress at Verizon, pages 246-247
1. The employees at Verizon felt stress because their behavior was constantly monitored
by the organization and they were pressured into selling pro
The Strategic Importance of Learning and Perception, pages 131-133
1. At VF Asia, learning goals are tied into individual performance evaluations and to the
strategic goals of the organization.