Business Definitions Chapter 9
Big Data an infinite sea of facts, products, books, maps, conversations, references,
opinions, trends, videos, advertisements, and surveys; which is literally at your
Bioethics the study of the typically con
Business Definitions Chapter 9 Continued
Genetically Engineered Foods (GEF) foods produced from organisms
that have had changes introduced into their DNA using the methods of
Genetically Modified Foods (GMFs) also commonly referred to
Business Definitions Chapter 1
Society a community, a nation, or a broad group of people with common traditions,
values, institutions, and collective activities and interests.
Pluralism refers to a diffusion of power among societys many groups and
Business Definitions Chapter 4
Backdating allows the recipient to purchase stock at yesterdays price,
resulting in an immediate wealth increase.
Bullet Dodging delaying of a stock option grant until right after bad
Clawback Provisions compensation r
Business Definitions Chapter 16
Cause Branding represents a longer-term commitment than cause marketing.
Contains a target audience and it is direct to the firms line of business.
Cause-related Marketing Direct linking of a business product or service to
Chapter 4 Business Definitions
Audit Committee: is responsible for assessing the adequacy of internal control
systems and the integrity of financial statements. SOX mandates that Audit
Committees be composed entirely of independent board members and that
The Strategic Importance of Learning and Perception, pages 131-133
1. At VF Asia, learning goals are tied into individual performance evaluations and to the
strategic goals of the organization.
Exploring Behavior in Action: Striking for Stress at Verizon, pages 246-247
1. The employees at Verizon felt stress because their behavior was constantly monitored
by the organization and they were pressured into selling pro
Exploring Behavior in Action: IBM and Virtual Social Worlds, pages 327-328
1. IBMs virtual conference was more expensive than a face-to-face conference would
Exploring Behavior in Action, pages 11-13
1.Proctor & Gamble empowers its work teams by allowing the teams to allocate tasks
among team members, establish their own work schedules, and recruit new members.
Work Motivation at W.L. Gore & Associates, pages 208-210
1.Employees who work at W.L. Gore & Associates must tolerate a certain amount of
ambiguity and must thrive in autonomous settings.
Exploring Behavior in Action: McDonalds Thinks Globally and Acts Locally, pages 8384
1. McDonalds has done more to accommodate cultural differences in its restaurants than
many other companies.
Exploring Behavior in Action, pages 47-48
1. The case study regarding the female firefighter at the Los Angeles Fire Department
resulted in discrimination.
AACSB Tier 1: Diversity
Exploring Behavior in Action: Teamwork at Starbucks, pages 402-403
1. A major reason for Starbucks tremendous success is the teamwork of the
baristas who serve customers.
AACSB Tier 1
I Know Shes Smart and AccomplishedBut Does She Have Personality, pages 167-169
1. A recent survey found that over 30 percent of employers use some form of personality
test to hire employees.
Exploring Behavior in Action, Maria Yee and the Green Furniture Revolution, pages
1. Maria Yee is known for her coaching and development of others.
AACSB Tier 1: Ethics
Business may be defined as the collection of private, commercially oriented (profitoriented)
organizations, ranging in size from one-person proprietorships (e.g., DePalmas Restaurant,
Gibsons Mens Wear, and Taqueria la Parrilla) to corporate giants (e.g.,
1. No, it would not make any difference if the applicant lied unintentionally or intentionally
because no one in human resources knows whether she lied on purpose or not. As far as anyone
from human resources knows she lied about hav
1. Many ethical issues raised in Case 21. Big Pharma was concentrated with giving pills for any health
problem that the pills would not help with rather than developing new and improved drugs. Med
students received free lunches, pens, notepads, an