January 18th, 2016
More looking at the industrial side of the field at the beginning of the course
Formal procedure by which the content of the work is defined in terms of specific activities
performed and attributes needed to
Do Performance Criteria seem to change over time?
- Yes, but not for every kind of person and not for every kind of performance
- Which criteria would you expect to change?
- In which direction?
- What factors might account for a particular change?
January 25, 2016
- Criterion development so important so youre able to evaluate how employees should
Work Analysis Methods
- Look at what the person in that job must do
o Variety in the job, do you do the same task over and ov
Research Methods in I/O Psychology
Non-Scientific approaches to knowing
Authority (someone above you tells you)
Rationalization (seems logical)
Intuition gut feeling
Scientific Approaches to Knowing
1. Primary Research Methods c