1) When selecting among various put options with different strike prices, in order to hedge a long
asset position, which of the following statements is true?
A) Higher strike puts cost more and provide higher floors
B) Higher strike puts cost less and pro
Chapter 5- Life Annuities-Carol
5.3Term Certain Annuity Review
5.4 Annual Life Annuities
5.5 Annuities payable continuously
5.6 Annuities payable m-times per year
5.7 Comparison of Annuities by payment frequency
5.8 Deferred annuitie
THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO
Actuarial Science 1021A
Mid Term Exam - 2010
1. This is a closed book examination.
2. Write your answers in the exam booklet provided. Make it clear which questions you are
For written answer quest
Actuarial Science 1021A Mid Term Exam Handout - 2012
1. The midterm exam is scheduled for Thursday, October 25, 2010 from 6 pm to 8 pm.
2. The exam will be held in room 55, Western Science Centre.
3. You should bring a calculator and your student ID, but
Quiz for Chapter 1
Five Multiple Choice Questions (10 marks)
1) Which of the following is not a derivative instrument?
A) Contract to sell corn
B) Option agreement to buy land
C) Installment sales agreement
D) Mortgage backed security
2) Who from the foll
1. E; 2. B; 3. C; 4. C; 5. B; 6. D; 7. B; 8. C; 9. A; 10. A; 11. C; 12. C; 13. A; 14. B; 15. B.
1. Which of the following derivatives would help to insure a company
against declines in the price of a product that it sells?
(I)Long forward contract