November 4, 2015 Lecture 12: Sex Testing
- 1000 words
Ethics of Sex Testing in Sport
- Sex testing like drug testing: people talk about them as if theyre one and the same thing
- Model assumes people are cheating and the framework is one of just
October 7, 2015 Lecture 6: Should Performance Enhancing Drugs Ever Be Permissible?
Is doping wrong?
- The intuitive argument is that it is unfair
o It gives an advantage to some athletes
- The consequentialist argument is that it is worse for athletes, wo
September 16, 2015 Lecture 2: Athletics, Value and Excellence
The Good and the Right
- Not always connected
- Killing an evil person isnt objectively right even though it could bring good to the world having
an evil person dead
- Burglar breaks into house