Lec 1 Introduction
Lec 1 Intro.
Adolescence and Youth Culture
- adolescence = anyone who left the family to find work, social personae, independence from the family
- 1904 Stanley G Paul
Used this word 'adolescenc
Lec 3 Rebellion continued.
Lec 3 Subc.
Lec 3 Rebe.
- Why most young people rebel, at least symbolically?
'cutting the embilical cord' from the parents (metaphor)
Prodigal Son, and Buddha
Economic affluence, financial means
Lecture 5 Rebellion Conclusion and Subculture
February 6, 2013
The report is 1 to 2 pages, can be point form.
Chicago style referencing
Take any 2 readings from the Miller text
Rebellion never really goes away when discussing youth culture
Lec 2 Rebellion
Lec 2 Rebe.
Still in Chapter 1
Music is important to understand youth culture
Know - rock and roll, punk, rap, hippie,
"the Beat writers"
Hipsters -> used to describe people with thick-rimmed glasses, people who ar
Lec 4 Rebellion cont.
- So far - Danesi Chapter 1 and 2 textbook (themes)
- Sections from Miller reading (next week)
Rebellion - can be moving away from the family, extended period of adolescence,
- Rebellion is natural = traum