Week 9 Guided Notes
1. What are the critical functions of soil on a both local and global scales?
a. hydrologic cycle, stores and filters water, sustaining plant and animal life, cycling
nutrients, carbon and climate change
2. What are
Week 2 Notes
1. Describe characteristics of exponential growth and graph:
a. Indicated by a J shape growth curve
2. Describe logistic growth and graph:
a. Characterized by an S shape. Growth is rapid and then
3. What is carrying
Week 5 Notes
1. What is the definition of undernourishment? Is there a difference between hunger and
a. A state of lasting for at least one year, of inability to acquire enough food, defined as a level of
food intake s
Week 8 Notes
1. Describe the example of a natural prairie ecosystem in terms of diversity, stability and
a. They are very complex ecosystems with numerous biotic and abiotic factors.
80% of foliage is made up of grasses.
Week 4 Guided Notes
Define Climate, Global Climate Change and Global Warming
What is the difference between climate change and global warming?
Explain the greenhouse effect.
Do natural process affect global climate? Does that explain wa
Week 3 Guided Notes
Part 1 Land Degradation
How much of the worlds land has already been converted to
40% of non-ice covered land has already been converted to
18 million km2 in crops
How much area is in cropland and range/pa