32. What place in the Megalopolis Region has the highest population density?Manhattan island
33. Which state of the Megalopolis Region has the highest proportion of high-technology
manufacturing of any state in the nation?
34. What industry
1. What soil types of the Heartland Region develop under deciduous forest in the milder of
the humid continental climates? Mollisols
2. The Heartland Region contains what proportion of the nations beef cattle?1/4
3. What attracted settlers to the Driftles
1. What southern hardwoods are in great demand for furniture, veneers, and shingles?
Oak, hickory, cypress, gums
2. How much of the nation's pecans are grown in the Inland South? 2/3
3. What part of the Inland South is the second largest soybe
1. According to Professor McKnight, what was perhaps the greatest experiment in regional
socioeconomic planning and development carried out by the federal government?
Tennessee Valley Authority
2. The rapid urban growth of what city in the Appalachians an
MCKNIGHT TEXT QUESTIONS: CHAPTER SIXTEEN
1. What is the most valuable agricultural commodity produced in the California Region?
2. Which ethnic group in the Southern California Metropolis area is diminishing? Anglos
3. What is the second largest metr
Which soil order has generally high agricultural potential?
Mollisols (M)- mineral soils
What is the fourfold division of physiographic features in North America?
Oriented north-south across the subcontinent. In the west is a complex series of mou
1. What is the difference between winter and spring wheat?plated in late summer/fall,
spring planted in spring /early summer
2. When did the "flood tide" of Euro-American settlement occur in the Great Plains? Last 3
decades of 19 the century
3. Indian Ter
MCKNIGHT TEXT QUESTIONS: CHAPTER FOURTEEN
1. What was the big economic activity of the Rocky Mountains conducted by the French,
British, and Americans during the late 1700s to the 1840s? Exploring (fur traders)
2. When did the Rocky Mountain gold rush sta
29. What does McKnight mean when he states that the Atlantic Northeast ".is a region of emigration?"
The rates of population increase for the portions of four states and four provinces included in the region are among
the lowest recorded. The trend has be
27. What are the four different timber management systems in the Pacific Coast Region?
clear cut, seed cut,shelterwood cut, selective cut
28. When was Alaska purchased by the United States?
29. What is the highest mountain in the Pacific Coast Region
Kevin Del Rio Amezcua
March 10, 2017
El Nino and La Nina: Driven by Sea Surface Temperature Change and their Impact on Northern American
The following is an informative piece about El Nino and La Nina, the Ying-Yang of the
Wind processes and Landforms
Evolution of landscapes and landforms under the geomorphic influence of wind
Example: Yardangs, abrasion, ventifacts
-goes from high to low Pressure
-causes significant entrainment, erosion, transport, and depositi
Research Question Proposal
California is currently undergoing a severe drought. One of the greatest problems
associated with droughts are fires. The likelihood of fires and their severity will continue to
increase the longer Californias drought persists.
Best Locations for New CAL Fire Stations
The focus for this project is to determine new locations for CAL Fire stations. The best
locations for new stations are based on two parameters: the relative distance from one station to
another and its proximity w
On March 12 , over spring break, I went back to my hometown and volunteered in our
annual Coastal Cleanup Day put on by the Fairfield-Suisun Sewage District. It was truly an eye
opening experience that I will never forget. Our main pur
Lab 2 Notes W 9/13
Insolation (incoming solar radiation)
Solar Constant = 1370 Watts per square meter
Hypothesis: The shorter the distance from the sun, the higher the insolation.
The intensity of the light i
GEOG 1011 - Writing Assignment #1
In this assignment, you are tasked with buying a parcel of land suitable for growing Douglas Fir trees.
You have a choice between two parcels of land: one in Region 1 and another in Region 2. You will
October 5, 2016
GEOG 1011 - Writing Assignment #1
The growth of any plant in any specific area in the world depends extremely on the
environment in which surrounds it. This includes ecological factors such as temperature and
Due March 9
1) Distinguish between numerical and relative dating.
Numerical dating is when you are trying to determine how long ago something took
place or specifically how old something or someone is. Relative
1. The primary motivation for early Spanish exploration and settlement was a quest for Gold.
2. The French created trading outposts throughout the Northeast, and eventually settled in strategic location along the St.
Lawrence and other rivers to better co
The GED Science Test
Earth and Space Science
California Distance Learning Project
Passing the GED Science Test
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that it has nev
People are known for having fun and trying to take life easy. Even if they are
hard working they will take the time for fun. However, when their lives are in danger
people will work very hard to surive.