- Born in 1723 Scotland, died 1790, founder of classical school.
- Published Theory of Moral Sentiments in 1759, after which he concentrated less on
moral philosophy and more on politics and economics.
- Intellectually influenced by the Enlight
Part One: The Measurement of Social Costs and Benefits
Please Note: The material that is covered in Part One of the course can be found in the
following chapters of the Ward text: Chapter 3 ( pp. 54-68), Chapter 4 (all), Chapter 5
(all), Chapter 7 (pp. 15
PPOL 609 Exam Practice Questions
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the Calgary Flames clinched a Stanley Cup playoff spot, Flames owner Ken King
stated that without a new stadium, the Flames would move to a new city. King explicitly stated that
If you wait, youll get TWO marshmallows
Waiting is hard!
The Marshmallow Test
You have a pie that never goes bad.
How quickly should you eat it?
If eat all now, noth
January 11, 2017
Who is this lady?
PhD in Economics from the University of Calgary
Dissertation on how policy affects the development of the oil and gas industry in Western Canada
I worked for the federal governm
- Tenets include bullionism, strict nationalism in a zero sum context, need for strong central government
for monopolies and import restrictions, colonization and monopolization of trade.
- Benefited merchant-capitalists,
Consumer & Producer Surplus
- Isolate P variable for both Qd and Qs
- Note the non-Q variables as they will be the height for the CS and the PS
- Set the two equations equal to one another, solve for Q and solve for P to get equilibr