Typicality, Data Compression
Applicable problems at the end of Chapters 3, 5 in Cover and Thomas are strongly
1. Consider a binary random variable X with Prcfw_X = 0 = 0.0615, which results in H(X) = 1/3.
Find all possible ty
EE5130 Problem Set 1
1. Determine the output of an LTI system if the impulse response h() and the input x () are
(a) x (n) = u(n) and h(n) = an u(n 1), with a > 1.
(b) h(n) = 2n u(n 1) and x (n) = u(n) u(n 10).
Use linearity and time-invarianc
EE5130 Problem Set-2
1. Consider the length-9 sequence x () = cfw_2, 3, (1), 0, 4, 3, 1, 2, 4.
Evaluate the following functions of X (e j ) without computing the transform itself:
(a) X (e j0 )
(b) X (e j )
X (e j )d
| X (e j )|2 d
dX (e j )
EE5130 Problem Set-3
1. A summable sequence x () has z-transform X (z) with poles at 1/2 and 3/4 and zeros at 1/4 and . x () is convolved with a sequence h() to yield another summable
sequence y(). The output y() has a z-transform Y (z) with two poles at
IEEE COMMUNICATIONS LETTERS, VOL. 19, NO. 8, AUGUST 2015
Capacity Bounds for Rayleigh/Lognormal MIMO
Channels With Double-Sided Correlation
Yongping Wang and Hanqiang Cao
AbstractIn this letter, both analytic upper bound and lower
bound of ergodic ca
Digital Modulation and Coding
Digital Modulation and Coding p.1
Digital Info represented in terms of analog waveforms for
transmission over physical channels
What waveforms s(t) should one use?
Spectrum scarce hence sig
Entropy and Mutual Information
All problems at the end of Chapter 2 in Cover and Thomas are strongly recommended.
1. Example of Joint entropy. Let p(x, y) given by
(a) H(X), H(Y )
(b) H(X|Y ), H(Y |X)
Syllabus for the Course Information Theory and Coding
Review of probability theory
Asymptotic equipartition property
Universal source coding
Block codes and C
Information Theory and Coding
Computer Science Tripos Part II, Michaelmas Term
11 Lectures by J G Daugman
1. Foundations: Probability, Uncertainty, and Information
2. Entropies Dened, and Why they are Measures of Information
3. Source Coding Theorem; Prex