1. One problem- duration
Coupon rate and different ytm
Step one calc new bond price
5 year bond
Make a table
3 short answer- 3-5 sentences
The fed and monetary policy
Matching the financial institutions with what they do
Chapter 8 (pg 267) #7,8,12
7. What features make a municipal bond attractive to certain groups of investors? Why dont other
groups of people invest in municipal securities?
Tax exempt securities attract investors with high income,
Chapter 10 (pg 333) #9-12, 16,17
9. Explain the differences among a market order, limit order, stop loss order, and stop buy order.
Market order- sell at the best price, and at the time of order reaches exchange
Limit order- at de
1. Using the Federal Reserve bulletin, the federal reserve bank of St. Louis web site
(FRED) or the wall street journal, plot the yield curve for U.S. Treasury securities on a
quarterly basis for the year. Given your kno
27 January 2016
Chapter 16 #4, 5 3 #6-14 (pg 110)
46. What changes in is the essential difference between the Keynesian and
monetarist view of how money affects the economy?
Keynesian- Direct government spending into tro
6. How do financial intermediaries generate profits?
Intermediaries generate profits by using denomination visibility to pool the funds of many
individuals and investing them in direct securities of varying sizes (F
What is the difference between trade credit and bank credit?
Trade credit (to increase income)- the benefit has to outweigh the risk of delinquency.
Transfer goods of services
They usually have terms
March 6, 2016
Inventory and receivables
On the Balance Sheet
Work in process
finished good/ Cost of goods
The 3 things that can happen when you dont have stock available
- Lose sale
3. How to calculate a variabl
Accounting Study for Midterm
Cash and cash equivalents, Accounts receivable, inventory, and other current assets
Long term assets- PPE, Intangible assets, other long term assets
Accounts payable, accrued expenses payable, short term not