1) Temporarily organized groups that are formed to achieve particular goals or solve particular problems are
A) task forces.
B) work groups.
C) self-managed teams.
D) informal groups.
Page Ref: 226
1) Power is defined as
A) a process of antagonism that occurs when one person or organizational subunit frustrates the goal
attainment of another.
B) the joint occurrence of antagonism and blocked goals.
C) using influence to obtain ends not sa
1) Which motive for conformity most clearly involves effect dependence?
Page Ref: 262
2) If I conform to my boss's wishes because of identi
1) Which of the following is not a trait?
A) Emergent leadership
B) Low intelligence
E) High energy
Page Ref: 300
2) Which of the following is not a trait that might be investigated in leadership s
1) The well- structured problem does not exhibit which of the following characteristics?
A) existing state is clear
B) uncertainty about what to do
C) certainty about what to do
D) desired state is clear
E) problem is repetitive and familiar
1) In order to stimulate conflict, a manager might
A) clarify goals.
B) make resources scarcer.
C) assign a superordinate goal.
D) ignore controversy.
E) stop networking.
Page Ref: 455
2) One way to stimulate conflict i