Midterm Study QuestionsIndustrial Revolution
1. Identify eight long-term consequences of industrialization (they are on the outline, and in
questions 2-8 below).
2. Recurring depressions were the chief economic problem of the Gilded Age:
a. What were the
Blog #1 by Sunday at 11:59 pm. This week I want
you to blog about which course theme sounds
interesting to you and why. This will ultimately be
the theme you have chosen for the course, so
really think about these choices. You can find the
Course Themes i
The two people that interest me the most during the Enlightenment period are John Locke
(1632-1704) and Voltaire (1694-1778). The Essay Concerning Human Understanding written by
John Locke in1690 is interesting at that he argued every person was born with
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
The quote by the philosopher and critic George Santayana in an annual interview at
Dukes HOPE center is one of my favorite ones about the impact of past ideas on present
events.As we can see, t
Historical Economic Thoughts 1700-s1900s: Adam Smith, Alfred Marshall, Karl Marx,
and John Keynes
Professor Kevin Kaatz
November 22, 14
My essay is the correct word count (1250 words) and that I have listed the word
count on by the title of t
Whigs and Democrats
The American System
Bank of the United States
National Road to link the Chesapeake and the
Republican opposition to further federal action
Secession and Civil War
The Election of 1860
A Democratic Party rule requiring a two-thirds majority of
delegates for a presidential nomination in effect gave
southerners veto power.
Although Stephen A. Douglas had the backing of a simple
Chapter 9: The Old South
Ashley Cooley, Brittany Gray, Seqouya Smith, Kelly Alvarez, Tatianna James
The Chesapeake, 1790-1820
The tobacco market had been falling since before the
revolution, and it continued to decline after 1790.
With tobacco profits fal
Midterm Study QuestionsProgressive Reforms
1. There have been three national reform movements in 20th-century U.S.
a. What were they?
b. In what way was the Progressive Movement the most radical of the three?
2. Woodrow Wilson (Democrat) beat Theodore Roo
Midterm Study QuestionsWorld War One
1. Which 5 nations fought for the Allies in the First World War?
Which 3 fought for the Central Powers?
2. What were the long-term consequences of World War One (we discussed sixtheyre on
a. What new wea
Midterm Study QuestionsThe 1st New South
1. In what ways was the post-War South devastated?
What impact did the 13th Amendment have on the Southern economy?
2. What successful industries 1st appeared in the South in the late 19th century?
3. Identify 4 r
Study QuestionsIndustrial-Era Immigration
1. In what ways is immigration economically beneficial?
2. Mexican + Chinese + Japanese immigrants
a. Why did each group immigrate?
b. What jobs were available to them?
c. What legal & social discrimination did th
Ethical activism, ethics from outside the corporation. Watch ONE from this category.
In this regime of, by, and for elites, electoral politics and political representation are
mere tools of the powerfulto sustain, legitimize, and manufacture its own rule