FI 335 Test 1
Clay M. Moffett
Questions 1 25 are worth 3pts each, 26 27 are 15 each.
1. In capital budgeting, the financial manager tries to identify investment opportunities that
will increase the value of the firm.
CASH FLOWS AND FINANCIAL
STATEMENTS AT SUNSET BOARDS
Below are the financial statements that you are asked to prepare.
The income statement for each year will look like this:
Cost of goods sold
Selling & administrative
Chapter 8 End of Chapter Problems
1. For the landscaping project described in the textbook use the following table to develop a
network diagram (AON).
How long will the project take?
and fill molds
10 min/ 24
24 min/24 cakes
TRANSLATION OF FOREIGN
CURRENCY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Answers to Questions
1. The two major issues related to the translation of foreign currency financial statements are:
(a) which method should be used and (b) where should the resulting transl
1. Sandys Sandwich Shop makes sandwiches for takeout. The table below shows the steps, the
number of workers for each step, and the processing time for each step.
Number of workers
1. Take order
2. Make sandwich
3. Wrap and bag sandwich
Chapter 11 questions begin here
1. A portfolio is _.
A) a group of assets, such as stocks and bonds, held as a collective unit by an investor
B) the expected return on a risky asset
C) the expected return on a collection of risky assets
D) the variance of
Chapter 3 - The External Environment: Opportunities, Threats, Industry Competition, and Competitor Analysis
1. The final result of successful value creation is above-average returns.
REF: p. 72
Sample Questions- Final Exam
This is a small sample of some of the varieties of form of multiple choice questions that
will be on the exam. Note that some of them are quantitative and some of them require
you to interpret the impact or imp
QUIZ Chapter 15
1. Budgeted amounts for a support department will always exceed complete reciprocated costs for that department. TRUE or FALSE 2. Benefits of the single-rate method include: A. the low cost of implementation B. fixed
Practice Multiple Choice Questions
Procedures to safeguard assets include A) effective supervision. B) restrictions on physical access. C) restrictions on access to information. D) all of the above Duplicate checking of calculations is an example of a
Chapter 14 - Comparative International Auditing and Corporate Governance
Comparative International Auditing and Corporate Governance
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term is used to describe the relationships between a company's management, it
CHAPTER 19: QUALITY, TIME, AND THE THEORY OF CONSTRAINTS
Shortening delivery times is a minor part of the quality improvement process.
Shortening delivery times is a major part of the quality improvem
Chapter 1: Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness
-The likelihood of a company being successful in the long term increases when strategic leaders continually
evaluate the appropriateness of their firms strategies as well as actions being taken
Chapter 4 End Of Chapter Problems
1. A software producer is using the following information to develop an aggregate plan:
Costs (per unit)
Chapter 7 End of Chapter Problems
1. Garlick Enterprises carries the following 10 items. Divide these into the ABC
Item Annual Demand Cost per item
Chapter 6 End of Chapter Problems
1. Create a Pareto Chart for the following causes of a poor exam grade (based on a survey
Didnt study enough
Didnt understand material
Studied wrong material
Distracted by other st
Evaluators Guide: Single Sign-On
Evaluators Guide: Single Sign-On Vendor Selection
The right single sign-on (SSO) solution will enable your users to securely log on once to access all their applications. This capability:
Chapter 5 End of Chapter Problems
1. A small neighborhood supermarket has two checkout lines. During the evening rush
hour, customers arrive at the checkout area at a rate of 30 people per hour (Poisson
distributed). They can either wait in Alices line or
Study Guide Questions Chapters 10-17
The following are typical of the kinds of questions that you may have on your final exam. If you look up and
answer all these questions as part of your study for the exam, you should do well on the final. Good Luck!
Review Fundamentals of Valuation
These class notes review this material and also provide some help for a financial
calculator. It also has some self-test questions and problems. Class notes are necessarily
brief. See any principle
1. Which of the following statements is true about international transfer pricing?
a. It is used to minimize the amount of worldwide taxes.
2. In 2008 the country with the largest amount of exports was:
3. OECD is an important suprana
Growth in trade form 1990- 2001Global exports increased by 75% while global gross domestic products only
#of companies involved in export sales rose by 23
More than 400 Foreign companies listed on New York stock exchange (similar # London stock
All major mutual fund companies (American Century, Fidelity, and Vanguard) offer i
Quiz 9 Chapter 12
1. What is the primary problem using discretionary transfer prices to minimize costs in a
The benefits of decentralization may be lost.
2. What is goal congruence?
Aligning managerial goals with corporate goal
Practice Exam 3 Ch 9, 14, 15
1. Which of the following costs are inventoried when using absorption costing?
a. Direct manufacturing costs
b. Variable marketing costs
c. Fixed manufacturing costs
d. Both (a) and (c)
2. _ method(s) is required for tax repor