Homework chapter 3
There are 25 questions of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in blank. You will see one
question at a time. You have three attempts for each set of the homework. The highest score will be
recorded by the Grade Center of th
Chapter 7 Wireless Networks I
1) The most serious problem with wireless transmission in WLANs is _.
A) inverse square law attenuation
B) absorptive attenuation
C) shadow zones
D) multipath interference
2) What propagation problem become
Chapter 9 TCP/IP Internetworking
1) In a subnet mask, the 1s correspond to the _.
A) network part
B) subnet part
C) host part
D) None of the above.
2) In the mask 255.255.255.0, how many 1s are there?
Chapter 1 Welcome to the Cloud
1) Content delivery networks mainly _.
A) increase transmission speed
B) increase program selection
C) decrease program selection
D) reduce latency
2) A _ may have multiple _.
A) physical server, virtual m
Chapter 5 Ethernet (802.3) Switched LANs
1) In LANs, _ typically is for _.
A) optical fiber, access lines
B) UTP, access lines
C) UTP, trunk lines
D) none of the above
2) Optical fiber's main advantage over UTP is _.
A) lower cost
B) lower fragi
Homework of Chapter 2 Network Standards
1) A message's syntax is its _.
B) message order
2) Host P transmits a SYN segment to Host Q. If host Q is willing to open the connection, it will
Chapter 4 Network and Security Management
1) QoS is quantified through _.
D) none of the above
2) Users of an access point share the transmission capacity of the access point. The throughput a
user gets is cal
Chapter 3 Network Security
1) Which of the following probably suffered the most financial damage from the Target breach?
A) retailers other than Target
D) POS terminal vendors
2) Which of the following attach thems
Lab Assignment One
ITM4272, Spring Quarter 2017
Due on Thursday, April 27, 2017
Measuring response times will give you an indication of the round-trip delay in a computer network. In
this lab, you will use three protocols: ipconfig, ping and tracert, to m
Chapter 11 Networked Applications
1) Telephones that can plug directly into a VoIP network are called PCs with multimedia
hardware and added software.
2) A service-oriented architecture is an application architecture
Chapter 6 Switched Wired Networks
1) Baseband transmission dominates in LANs because it is _ than broadband
B) less expensive
C) Both A and B
D) Neither A nor B
2) Using link aggregation with two or three trunk lines _ go
Chapter 1 Learning Objectives
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
Describe basic network terminology, including the definition of networking, networked
applications, hosts, network address, the network core, access link, the evolution of
1. How many bytes will it take to transmit "Can you hear me now?" without the quotation marks?
None of the above.
1. TCP/IP is dominant at the _ layer(s).
Both A and B
Neither A nor B
Homework chapter 4
There are 25 questions of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in blank. You will see one question at a
time. You have three attempts for each set of the homework. The highest score will be recorded by the
Grade Center of th
Homework of Chapter 2
1) Increasing an alternatives field length by one bit always doubles the number of alternatives it
2) The fact that two processes other than physical layer processes cannot communi
Homework of Chapter 3
1) Antivirus programs can usually stop directly-propagating worms.
2) Hacking is defined as intentionally using a computer resource without authorization.
3) Which ph
Homework of Chapter 5
1) As a signal propagates down a UTP cord, greater propagation distance will result in more
noise errors, even if the noise level is constant.
2) Changes in a signal during propagation are called
Homework of Chapter 4
1) Companies should measure error rates when traffic levels are low in order to have a good
understanding of error rate risks.
2) If a carrier does not meet its SLA guarantees, it generally must