Homework chapter 3
There are 25 questions of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in blank. You will see one
question at a time. You have three attempts for each set of the homework. The highest score will be
recorded by the Grade Center of th
Chapter 7 Wireless Networks I
1) The most serious problem with wireless transmission in WLANs is _.
A) inverse square law attenuation
B) absorptive attenuation
C) shadow zones
D) multipath interference
2) What propagation problem become
Chapter 11 Networked Applications
1) Telephones that can plug directly into a VoIP network are called PCs with multimedia
hardware and added software.
2) A service-oriented architecture is an application architecture
Chapter 6 Switched Wired Networks
1) Baseband transmission dominates in LANs because it is _ than broadband
B) less expensive
C) Both A and B
D) Neither A nor B
2) Using link aggregation with two or three trunk lines _ go
Homework of Chapter 4
1) Companies should measure error rates when traffic levels are low in order to have a good
understanding of error rate risks.
2) If a carrier does not meet its SLA guarantees, it generally must
Homework of Chapter 5
1) As a signal propagates down a UTP cord, greater propagation distance will result in more
noise errors, even if the noise level is constant.
2) Changes in a signal during propagation are called
Homework of Chapter 3
1) Antivirus programs can usually stop directly-propagating worms.
2) Hacking is defined as intentionally using a computer resource without authorization.
3) Which ph
Homework of Chapter 2
1) Increasing an alternatives field length by one bit always doubles the number of alternatives it
2) The fact that two processes other than physical layer processes cannot communi
Homework chapter 4
There are 25 questions of multiple choice, true/false and fill-in blank. You will see one question at a
time. You have three attempts for each set of the homework. The highest score will be recorded by the
Grade Center of th
1. How many bytes will it take to transmit "Can you hear me now?" without the quotation marks?
None of the above.
1. TCP/IP is dominant at the _ layer(s).
Both A and B
Neither A nor B
Chapter 1 Learning Objectives
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
Describe basic network terminology, including the definition of networking, networked
applications, hosts, network address, the network core, access link, the evolution of
Chapter 9 TCP/IP Internetworking
1) In a subnet mask, the 1s correspond to the _.
A) network part
B) subnet part
C) host part
D) None of the above.
2) In the mask 255.255.255.0, how many 1s are there?