Assignment: Case study
Peoples behavior can be viewed, studied and explained under a wide
array of perspectives that collectively form the domain of psychology. For the
study of Andreas case, I will be using a behavioristic approach.
Behaviorism was creat
Envy on Facebook: A Hidden Threat to Users Life
Hanna Krasnova1,*, Helena Wenninger2, Thomas Widjaja2, and Peter Buxmann2
Institute of Information Systems, Humboldt-Universitt zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 34, No. 4, 2015, pp. 277-289
SOCIAL COMPARISON, ENVY, AND DEPRESSION
APPEL ET AL.
Social Comparison, Envy, and Depression
on Facebook: A Study Looking at the
Effects of High Comparison Standards
CYBERPSYCHOLOGY & BEHAVIOR
Volume 12, Number 4, 2009
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
More Information than You Ever Wanted: Does Facebook
Bring Out the Green-Eyed Monster of Jealousy?
Amy Muise, M.Sc., Emily Christof
Skip to main content
Skip to navigation
Resources for Media
Releases by E-mail
Research News at Mizzou
For Media Inquiries
MU News Bureau
329 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65
1. Research has indicated that children aged 5 and aged 7 who employed _
solutions were judged to be more socially competent, displaying fewer attention
problems and disruptive behaviors.
1. "The orderly and sequential changes that occur with the passage of time" is the
A. age norms
B. age grades
2. Developmental psychology is mainly concerned with:
A. studying the development of o
1. A set of interrelated statements that provides an explanation for a class of events is
C. empirical set
2. All of the following are true about a theory EXCEPT:
A. it allows us to organize o
1. The process by which organisms create more organisms of their own kind is called:
C. organism continuity
D. organic productivity
2. Reproductive cells (sperm and ova) are known as:
1. The capacity to undergo continual change in order to adapt successfully and cope
flexibly with the demands and responsibilities of life is called:
A. stock taking
B. dialectical thinking
2. Although she works
1. All of the following are components of emotion, EXCEPT:
A. physiological changes
B. subjective experiences
C. expressive behaviors
D. structural changes
2. Emotions have the role of:
A. overcoming fear
B. changing patterns of behavior
1. From age 3 to 5 compared to 1 to 3 years, the rate of growth in height:
A. declines sharply
B. increases sharply
C. proceeds at a steady pace
D. declines gradually
2. Which statement characterizes the appearance of most children?
1. During middle childhood physical growth is _ than it is during early childhood
C. the same as
D. much faster
2. Lisa and Mark are both 8 years old. Whom would you expect to mature faster? Whom
1. According to the 2002 statistics cited in your textbook, the percentage of U.S. adults
who will become parents by age 35 is:
A. 50 percent
B. 60 percent
C. just under 70 percent
D. over 80 percent
2. Compared to mothers twenty years ago,
1. The process of knowing that encompasses sensation, perception, imagery, retention,
memory, recall, problem solving, reasoning, and thinking is called:
A. information processing
2. Which of the f
1. A(n) _ tie is a social link formed when we commit ourselves to another person
and a(n) _ tie is a social link that is formed when we cooperate with another
person to achieve a limited goal.
A. expressive; instrumental
B. instrumental; ex
1. The period in the life cycle when sexual and reproductive maturation become evident
D. growth spurt
2. Michael is 18 and has not yet entered puberty. This is most likely due to a
1. Which of the following is a reason for holding negative views about old age?
A. Old age has always been considered the last stage of existence before death.
B. Old age is undefined.
C. The elderly population is growing and is diverse.
1. In the early twentieth century G. Stanley Hall depicted adolescence as a period of:
A. calm and quiet
B. storm and stress
C. peace and love
D. growth and creativity
2. Laurie and Ellen spend all their free time after school together. The
1. How did the American attitude toward death and dying change from before the early
1900s to the present?
A. Death and dying were gradually removed from the responsibility of families.
B. Families became more involved in the responsibiliti
1. Francesca is showing a great deal of interest in how things work and how they are
made. She has begun making beaded jewelry and has learned how to sew. According to
Erikson's stages of development, Francesca is probably in which stage of
1. As of 2009, the average life expectancy of U.S. men and women who had reached 65
was in their:
A. late 60s
2. Charlene just celebrated her 57th birthday. She says that she feels like she is in her mid
30s. If she is
1. Ageism is:
A. a belief in respecting and venerating the elderly
B. stereotyping and judging people based on age
C. giving the elderly more favorable treatment
D. the study of aging and its special problems
2. Gerontology is:
A. a belief
1. A new developmental stage has been proposed. It spans the ages 18 through 25 and
is a time that involves greater exploration of possibilities in work, love, and worldviews.
What is this stage is called?
A. emerging adulthood