The Reproductive System
Female Reproductive System
What is oogenesis and what is its role in fertilization?
Oogenesis: production of a secondary oocyte in ovaries
Cells from which oocytes develop
5 million by the 4th month of pren
What are the functions of blood?
1. Transport of gases, nutrients, and waste products
2. Transport of processed molecules
3. Transport of regulatory molecules
4. Regulation of pH and osmosis
5. Maintenance of body temperature
6. Protection against f
Functions of Blood
Blood helps maintain homeostasis in several ways
transport of gases, nutrients, processed molecules, regulatory molecules and waste products o
carries oxygen and carbon dioxide
o transports nutrients, ions and wat
The Respiratory System
What are the functions of the respiratory system?
1. Ventilation: movement of air into and out of lungs
2. External Respiration: gas exchange between air in lungs and blood
3. Transport of O2 and CO2 in the blood
4. Internal Respira
What are the functions of the urinary system?
- Filtration, re-absorption, secretion (formation of urine)
2. Regulation of blood volume and pressure
3. Regulation of blood solutes
4. Regulation of extracellular fluid pH