1. Problem Statement
What is the net force on a car moving at constant velocity horizontally? What
is the net force on a car moving at constant velocity vertically?
Schematic and Given Data:
Known Data and Pr
The Subject of Thermodynamics
What is Thermodynamics?
The science of energy the ability to cause changes
In its broader sense, thermodynamics includes all aspects of
energy and energy transformations
Solutions Assignment #3
1. Energy that crosses the boundary of a system due to a temperature difference is heat transfer; all other
forms of energy exchange are work. It is not correct to classify heat transfer as causing a temperature
difference as this
Solutions Assignment #8
1. R-134a is compressed by an adiabatic compressor. The isentropic efficiency of the compressor is to be
Assumptions 1 This is a steady-flow process since there is no change with time. 2 Kinetic and potential
Solutions Assignment #4
1. No. This is the case for adiabatic systems only.
2. Warmer. Because energy is added to the room air in the form of electrical work.
3. An automobile moving at a given velocity is considered. The power required to move the car
Solutions Assignment #7
Yes. This will happen when the system is losing heat, and the decrease in entropy as a result of this heat
loss is equal to the increase in entropy as a result of irreversibilities.
A rigid tank contains an ideal gas that is
2011 Mid-term #1 solutions
a) I. The zeroth law of thermodynamics states that two bodies are in thermal equilibrium
if both have the same temperature reading. cvcn ilthey are not in contact. OR MK
® If two bodies are in thermal equilibrium
Extra Homework Problems Part 1:
(Cengel & Boles V8)
Introduction to Thermo
Extra No Answer
1-1C to 1-6C
1-42C to 1-43C
1-53 to 1-54
1-67 to 1-68
1-78 to 1-80