Tuesday March 1, 16:
Recall: What is Performance?
- Performance as proximal
1. Spatially between real bodies
2. Temporally As response to local, concrete events
3. Metaphorically Circulation of subsequent
4. Metonymically Partial representation
Jan. 26. 16
Last Class: Law and Discipline:
- How does Foucault take this uneven relationship and apply it to law (or
- If critique works against governmentalization, how might we critique the
ENG 3QQ3: April 1. 2016:
- Butler: Model of Interpretation:
- 5 models of Reality:
Hoe do we determine what is real, authentic, or true?
How does representation structure our experience of the world?
In what ways do we? (
Representation Becomes Reality:
Barthes, Baudrillard etc.
How do we determine what is real, authentic, or true?
Structure of the Sign:
- Modern Denigration of the sign:
o Signifier: Utterance
o Signified Referent: Thing in the world
March 29th: ENG 3QQ3:
- Recall: Mitchell:
Representations in the Age of the Exhibition:
1. Claim certainty through organization and categorization
2. Paradoxically correspond to a real world that is already composed of
further representation of reality
[First Draft -9] ISB Administration Delighted at the Abundance of Student
In a recent ranking published by the BJ News, ISB ranked first under The Best
International Schools in Beijing.
According to BJ News, the ranking underwent a meticulou