Poli 330 week 7 quiz
1. (TCO 9) _ is a small or moderate change that essentially leaves the system intact.
(Points : 3)
Dramatic system change
A coup detat
Question 2. 2. (TCO 9) Riots triggered by police beating youths, protests ag
Week 4 discussion questions
1. We continually hear about interest groups in the news. Understanding this, what is the
relationship between interest groups and government? How does this apply to governmentcreated interest groups? In addition, what are the
Week 5 Discussion questions
1. Identify a few key differences between a parliamentary and a presidential system. How is the top
leader selected differently? How do you think this difference impacts the kind of people who are
As stated in
Week 6 discussion questions
1. Examine the efficacy of U.S. welfare programs. What do such programs intend to accomplish?
What are some criticisms against them? Be sure to cite specific academic examples, not just
ones from your opinion.
Week 6 quiz
1. (TCO 7) Radicals use the term political economy instead of _ to describe their
critique of capitalism and the inequitable distribution of wealth among nations. (Points : 3)
Question 2. 2. (TCO 7
1. (TCO 4) What are your initial, nonlegal, thoughts on this case? How would you decide it
based on your own belief structures? For example, if you were the judge in this case, would you
would allow Mr. Trident to leave the hospital, thus bringing about h
Check and balances week 5 discussion
Does the UK have the same level of checks and balances that US politics does?
The checks and balances are the principles of government under which separate branches are
empowered to prevent actions by other branches an
1.Given an outline of the most common objections, construct an effective argument for the
importance of the study of politics in everyday life.
2.Given descriptions of the various forms of democracy, from Athenian to present-day
democracies, evaluate whic