Three different acts are considered
(1) failing to cite quotations and borrowed
(2) failing to enclose borrowed language in
quotation marks, and
(3) failing to put summaries and paraphrases
in your own words.
Last name 1
20 November, xxxx
Oil and Gas Volatility and Alberta Economy
A. Problem examination: Preview of impact of oil and gas volatility on Alberta economy
and reason for current state of Alberta Economy.
Definition of Rhetoric:
persuasive language or the art of effective or
persuasive speaking or writing
Language which is designed to persuade or impress
(often with an implication of insincerity or
The art of influencing the thou
Writing using parallel structures aids
in clarity of thought and
Items in a Series
Cross-training involves a variety of exercises such
as running, swimming and weights.
Cross-training involves a variety of ex
1. Read the document posted to Moodle called Writing Paragraphs. Take note of the structure of a basic
- topic sentence
- followed by sentences that develop and explain and illustrate the idea represented by the topic
- the final sente
Sentence Punctuation Patterns
University of Lethbridge
These visual models of the basic sentence patterns should help you to confidently arrange and
express your ideas at the sentence-level. Use these patterns to make decisions about the
As presented by Janet Giltrow
Chapter 1 in Academic Writing: An
Talented, successful, good-looking male, 30s,
seeks attractive, intelligent, petite female,
who knows authentic gems are rare. Calgary
area. Box 000.
(excerpted from Baker, Sheridan (2006). The Longman Practical Stylist. N.Y.: Pearson. 36-52)
A paragraph is a structural convenience. You build the bulk of essays with standard paragraphs,
with blocks of concrete ideas, and they must fi
Here are the two things you need to know about colons:
1. Colons usually signal a general-to-specific relationship.
2. A COMPLETE THOUGHT must come before the colon. (By complete
thought, I mean a group of words capable of standi
Revision of Review of Faster Quentin! Thrill! Thrill!
- Film Review of Django Unchained by Roger Ebert
A detailed revision of my first assignment is an attempt to revisit my work and find areas
of improvement. Based