takes a nap - adverbial and adjectival (both)
on the counter - adverbial and adjectival (both)
a can of worms - adjectival
will be finished - adjectival
at the dry cleaners - adjectival
Theres too many kids in the car. False
The goal of prescriptive grammar is to describe various aspects of language use. False
Hiking at night is dangerous. Gerundive Phrase, subject
The woman looked at her. Human subject
Rick gave his mother a present. In
Short Assignment #2
3. Predeterminers, determiners, postdeterminers and heads of the following noun phrases.
2. Half of his geometry class
4. The girls third attempt
6. My seven cousins
8. All the children
5. Identify all the noun phrases in the
2. Which of the following -ing words are present participles and which are gerunds?
2. They are painting the bedrooms today.
4. You are being a nuisance.
6. She has been listening to the radio.
8. Canvassing the neighborhood i
1. WritingForward.com a writer invented this blog and it provides help with grammar and creative
writing. I found it helpful because it has so many grammar and writing drills. All of which contribute to
improving grammar and writing skills. The site is ve
What Gender Got to Do With Grammar?
By Susan Romaine (1999: Communicating Gender)
Types of Gender marking in Languages.
All nouns in natural languages are classified as masculine, feminine,