Study Guide for Test #3
Study Session Date and Time TBA
Bring questions and concepts that you are unclear with for discussion and
Make sure you are understand the general themes throughout the chapters
Chapter 2 Review Questions 2, 3, 6, 7
2. Discuss the relevance of peer rejections to ongoing antisocial behavior.
The correlations between peer rejection and antisocial behavior alongside delinquency is not direct or
obvious, however when you take a deepe
Chapter 13 Review Questions
1. Discuss the difficulty in obtaining reliable data about sexual offending against children, particularly
with respect to official measure of crime.
It is especially difficult to collect data on sexual offending towards childr
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. Summarize the differences between LCP and AL offenders; discuss why more than two tracks or
pathways to offending might be needed.
LCP stands for life-course-persistent offenders, and AL stands for adolescent-limited offender
Chapter 12 Review Questions
1. Define date or acquaintance rape, and summarize the research on estimated incidence.
Date rape refers specifically to a sexual assault that occurs within the context of a dating relationship.
Research shows that over 1 in 4
Chapter 8 Review Questions
1. What is meant by a duty to warn and a duty to protect? And to whom does it pertain?
These two terms are used when referring to therapists. The duty to warn means that that when a
therapist decides that a client is a potential
Chapter 5 Review Questions
1. What physiological factors have been associated with aggression?
Electrical stimulation in certain areas within the cerebral cortex have been associated with both inducing
and inhibiting aggression. There have also been theor
Chapter 3 Review Questions
1. Briefly describe behavior genetics and how it differs from molecular genetics.
Behavioral genetics view the differences in behavior coming from three sources. The first is the genetic
effect, the second would be things within
Murder in Jurez
California State University, Fresno
Eric W. Hickey, P.h. D
April 26, 2007
Ciudad Jurez, across the border from El Paso, Texas, in the state of Chihuahua has
experienced a high rate of violent crim
Gary Ridgway: The Green River Killer (1982 - 1998);
Confessed to killing 48 women, mostly prostitutes and runaways,
Was a necrophiliac, as a suspect passed a polygraph test,
Was sexually attracted to his domineering mother,
DNA was the
Chapter 1 Review Questions:
1. Briefly explain the difference between psychological criminology and sociological criminology.
Psychological criminology is more of the science behind crime. Looking into the individuals mind and
trying to find scientific re