Test 1 Study Guide
1. Listening: Be able to identify the title, artist, and year of items played (from listening list). Also
be able to distinguish which elements of R&B or C&W are used in a song.
2. Be able to discuss (and diagram) 12-bar blues form and
Review for Final Test
1. Listening: Be prepared to identify the artist, title and year of release for each item played
from your listening list.
2. Classification: Be able to identify artists by their classification (punk, heavy metal, singersongwriter, j
Test 2 Review
1. Listening: Be able to identify the title, artist, style classification (Soul, Motown, Surf, Mersey
sound, British blues, girl group, folk, folk rock, psychedelic, etc.) and year of release for each of
the pieces played.
2. Terms: Identify
12. Todays OM environment is very different from what it was few years ago. Customers
demand better quality, greater speed, and lower costs. To achieve the ability of mastering the
basics of operation manageme
1. Layout planning is deciding on the best physical arrangement of all resources that consume
space within a facility. A lot of wasted time, energy and confusion can result from a poor layout.
5. Example of pr
3. The steps involved in forecasting are Deciding what to forecast which basically concentrates
on what forecasts are actually needed. Second step is to evaluate and analyze appropriate data
which involves id
1. The three categories are Descriptive statistics which is used to describe quality
characteristics and relationships, Statistical process control which involves inspecting a
random sample of the output from
The different revenue models are:
1. Advertising revenue model: A website offers its users information on services and
products, and provides an opportunity for providers to advertise.
2. Subscription reve
1. Identify and evaluate the evidence for
evolution including the fossil record,
biogeography, comparative anatomy,
comparative embryology, and molecular
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the evolutionary
process as it o
I. DNA andBiotechnology
1. Know the structure and function of DNA
2. Understand the terms
A. recombinant DNA
C. Gene Therapy
D. GMOs = Genetically Modified Organisms
E. DNA Fingerprinting
A. DNA struc
1. Be able to draw and diagram all the six
stages of the cell cycle (mitosis)
2. Explain what cancer is and what causes it.
3. Explain meiosis and the sexual life cycle
You began life as a
single cell, but
there are now more
1. Know the definition of Micro-evolution
2. Know the 4 causes of micro-evolution
3. Know the three outcomes of Natural
A. Populations as the Units of Evolution
1. A population
a. Is a group of individuals of the sam
1. Know the definition of Macro-evolution
2. Know who the father of taxonomy is and
the 7 levels of taxonomy in order.
3. Know the definition of a species.
4. Know what reproductive isolation is and
the two major categories.
5. Know th
1. Learn basic terminology relating to genetics
2. Set up and perform genetic crosses
demonstrating Mendelian patterns of
3. List and explain the three Mendelian principles
4. Demonstrate an understanding of
I. Cells: The basic unit of life.
1. Identify cells as the fundamental unit of life.
2. Understand the differences between
prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
3. Know the name and function of all organelles.
4. Identify cell types and di
1. Know why chemistry is important to the study of
2. Identify carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen as the
primary elements of life.
3. Understand the 4 major types of organic macromolecules
4. Identify and understand the 4 m
1. Identify inputs (essentials) and outputs
(byproducts) of photosynthesis.
2. Know the three stages of photosynthesis
3. Know how plants store the products of
photosynthesis and how they are
important to humans.
MARKET STRUCTURE: LINEAR DEMAND AND LINEAR SUPPLY *
In the green cells, type the intercept and slope of the inverse market demand function P = a - bQ and then PRESS ENTER
In the green cell, type the intercept and slope of the
Reporting and Interpreting Property, Plant, and Equipment; Intangibles; and Natural Resources
Determining Financial Statement Effects of Activities Related to Various
Long-Lived Assets (AP8-6)
LO8-2, 8-3, 8-6
During the 20
Reporting and Interpreting Liabilities
Computing Future Values (Supplement C)
On January 1, 2014, Spearfish Company completed the following transactions (use an 8 percent annual
interest rate for all transactions):
1. A small factory is considering replacing its existing coining press with a newer, more efficient one. The existing press was purchased three years ago at a cost of $200,000, and it is
El Cervantino Bar & Grill Restaurant
Jorge D Moreno Ramirez
IT-118 Production Operations
Dept. of Industrial Technology
Web Plan Summary.8
7. What is LVAD? What is the impact of such technology?
Left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) provide circulatory support to assist the damaged left
ventricle in patients with end-stage heart failure. Generally, the implantation of such LVAD i
The bold type definition found near the bottom of page 6: Technology is a system that uses
knowledge and organization for the attainment of specific goals." Does it make sense?
Yes, it does make sense to a certain extent. Both tools and techniques have im
When did we establish the four-time zone in the US? And why?
On November 18th 1883, American and Canadian railroads begin using four continental time zones to
end the confusion of dealing with thousands of local times. The bold move was emblema
How does technology spread from country to country?
The textbook doesnt say much about how technology is spread to one country to another but,
according to what I see as an International Student, almost every country in the world consists of
Chapter 3 : As a would-be inventor or entrepreneur, how would you go about ascertaining whether or
not a new technology is likely to find a receptive market.
New technology is being bloomed every day, as an example, now we can charge our mobile devices
Safety Inspection Checklist
Department/ Area: _
This checklist is intended to be used as a guide to insure a safe working and sanitary
All aisles are clear in all areas ( selling area, stockroom, etc.).
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FRESNO
1) The main parts of digital cameras are zoom lens, lens cover, batteries built in flash,
shutter button, zoom button, easy pilot button, LCD panel, LED indicator, audio
amplifier, wrist strap hook, po
SITE VISIT REPORT1
Consumers are becoming more health conscious the produce department is one of
the important section. All the supermarket shoppers are interviewed by Food
Marketing Institute to rate the quality of product and were asked to rate the qual