OBJECTIVES FOR MATTER AND MINERALS
1) What does the word "ATOM" mean, and is it appropriate for what we call atoms? Indivisible. It is not appropriate because the atom can be broken down. 2) Know the names of the three subatomic particles and know th
1) Know the differences between weathering, erosion, deposition, and lithification. Weathering the breaking down of rock into smaller pieces (sediment Erosion the movement of sediment from one place to another Deposition the plac
1) Know what to call liquid hot rock underground versus on the surface. Magma underground, lava on surface 2) Know what to call an igneous rock that cooled and crystallized underground and what to call one that formed on the surface and
1) Know the definition of a rock. Any solid mass of mineral or mineral-like matter that occurs naturally 2) Be able to draw and label the rock cycle.
3) Be able to identify these volcanic events given a description of their main c
Systems Science Objectives
1) Know the three types of systems, and the characteristics that distinguish them. Isolated: no exchange of energy or material across the system boundary Closed: Energy can be exchanged across the system boundary but materi