Medical Cell Biology:
Prepared by: Dr P.T. Brook-Carter
Define the following terms:
Ischaemia, Sclerosis, Arteriosclerosis, Atheroma, Atherosclerosis, Infarction, Aneurysm,
Discuss the risk facto
1. Describe the structure and functions and classifications of lipoproteins.
2. Describe in details the Exogenous and Endogenous pathways of lipid metabolism.
3. Discuss the combination mechanisms employed by the liver to remove chylomicr
Apoptosis - Tutorial
1. In apoptosis the cell destroy itself from within and avoids leakage of the cell contents into the
extracellular space. What might be the consequences if the programmed cell death were not
achieved in so neat and orderly a fashion?
1. Haematopoiesis is the formation of blood cell components primarily in the bone marrow while
coagulation is the process by which blood forms clots.
a. Describe the three major branches of the myeloid pathways.
b. What are the fun
Decide whether each of these statements is true or false, and then explain why.
1. All the various cell types in a typical carcinoma, including fibroblasts, inflammation cells, and
blood vessels, evolve from the cancer cell population.
2. In the cellular